Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2003, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Poo, what poo? I didn't see a thing... I try to not even look at unless i know it's going to be close to where my foot is going, or the trimmer line . The only poo i pick up is the lucky pile that gets smeared around with my mower tire. lol

Just had to add my .02. You're welcome
Old 05-01-2003, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Only if I'm REALLY hungry.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES
Old 05-02-2003, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I was on a job today where I wish they had a poo-poo service,lol...started to trim around a tree and at the same exact moment I started trimming, I saw the poo...well, got it all over my shirt, blotches on my sun glasses, and a little on the armsto make it worse, it was fresh and stinky...almost barfed walking to the truck to clean-up
Old 05-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GraZZmaZter
yardman1

that is VERY unprofessional. you need to talk with the client to work the problem out. Not run through it, ruin their lawn, and than clean your mower on their dime!!
"Ruin there lawn"???? They're leaving dog **** in the yard for crying out loud!!!!
They're not only being rude (because they know you're coming), but they're being pigs for leaving it there in the first place.

Yardman, I think that's funny that you use THIER hose to clean it off your equipment. LOL!

Buuuut, I will say that you should probably talk with them and see if you can avoid it altogether.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Been there, done that. As a negotiated part of a full service seasonal contract. Didn't do it myself, done by employees. No-one ever quit or complained (much) but one customer always found something we missed. I don't know what he was feeding those dogs, I'd see a doctor if mine was like that. Picked it up w/ a shovel and buried it in a hole dug in his shrub beds
Old 05-03-2003, 03:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea thats so funny.

did you just use peoples restrooms or make yourself a sandwich when you were delivering furniture?

you seem to have gained alot of knowledge of how to be a real professional delivering couches and refrigerators for 14 years.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Did a spring cleanup last week where the grass was so tall that nobody could have found the poo from the owner's dog prior to cutting. There was plenty of poo, too.

No, I didn't clean it up from the yard as I am not a Zoo Keeper. (Don't get me wrong, I love my own dogs and clean up after them at home.) I did, however, have to hose down my equipment before it had "stuff" petrified to it.

Again, there is probably no blanket solution for this issue, but we'll most all have to deal with it from time to time. Hey, we could be working office jobs that we don't like, right?
Old 05-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GraZZmaZter
yea thats so funny.

did you just use peoples restrooms or make yourself a sandwich when you were delivering furniture?

you seem to have gained alot of knowledge of how to be a real professional delivering couches and refrigerators for 14 years.

Awww, now you've hurt my feelings.
Geez, who knew my comment would have ruffled your feathers? Lighten up Nancy.

LOL! LOL!. Just read your profile!!LOL! 27 years old, been in business "almost 20 years".
Hey dork, when you mow your mommies lawn at 7 years old, YOUR NOT IN BUSINESS!

Oh brother, that's pathetic.
LOL!
Old 05-03-2003, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hmmm ... when i shoveled most my neighbors drives, and many more at 7, wouldn't i gain knowledge of communicating with people? That is something that seems to have slipped your grasp. Along with the know-how on doing business with people ( don't wash your mower with their hose)

Something that obviously eluded you also our ability to argue constructively (don't call names, and make fun of mama) You need to show some maturity, and professionalism. Neither one has been displayed here, or from the sounds of it, with your clients.

Don't get jealous because your mad at yourself for making someone else rich for 14 years, and i was smart enough not to make that move. Don't worry, you'll be a professional some day. Keep trying. Have a nice!
Old 05-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Banned

Years in Business: Almost 20