Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2000, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i know now why you don't like them... good pionts...but
a walker ghs deck i think was intended to cut turf i muclhed all summer had brought a used deck and refurbished it. and i know i have run though some suff i should'nt have
but mine don't look like that>> man it problally took some heavy duty objects and a lot of them in 200hrs to do all that ....whats your guys hitting? got to be some thing aah,
maybe a finishing type mower is the wrong choice for your application.....and you know the more i look at the photo i think you have two differnt blades on it is one side cutting higher than the other?and check and see if your blades are timed right?

[Edited by BUSHMASTER on 09-19-2000 at 02:05 AM]
Old 09-18-2000, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

i bought a new deck (just a shell) no gear boxes for my 48" ghs this spring it cost me less than 500.00
but my old deck had 1500 hrs on it and it still cut pretty good
Old 09-18-2000, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he forgot a 0 in his 200hrs
Old 09-19-2000, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

2 diff blades i dont think so . forgot a 0 nope like i said break a shear pin and everything underneth slams together result is beat up deck. dont even get me started on the kohler on it
Old 09-19-2000, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well looking at the picture the one on the right looks as if it is wider and flater than the left one but it does look out of time ,take one of the othere boxes off and retime the blades then look inside the boxes and see how many teeth are sheared off from shock load. how many inch pounds are you tourqeing the shear bolts on the trash plate?
Old 09-19-2000, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We just bought a pair of 26EFI 48"GHS decks and 9.5 baggers with 52"discharge decks pick up tommorow. I do hope you bought a left and a right blade they do spin opposite if you didnt know. We also contacted our Walker distributor and gave them a photo of your machine, they could not belive the damage and also noted your old style wheels on deck and the older GHS style baffles. 200 normal mowing hours will not do this, mowing in rocks, brush, poor maintenance by not shutting down down after shear-pin break will cause this damage, WE ADVISE YOU TO CONTACT WALKER ON THIS ISSUE!!! and send them your picture!
Old 09-19-2000, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also might be photo problem but if you take a tape measurer to your blades they are different sizes and look like right rotaters not right and left THAT WILL CAUSE DAMAGE, if you dont have a tape mes. try a piece of paper to measure blade lenght youll all see my statement of size differences.
Old 09-19-2000, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

OK mr landscaper 3 im not a dumb ass ok i have had 7 walker mowers.i think im pretty much aware that they have 2 diff blades on em . as far as two different size in length i think you are smokin crack or somthing.you keep going back to the old style wheels well no kidding the damn mower sat for 14 months with a blown motor and my walker dealer decided to go out of biz in the middle of it allwith the mower all ripped apart.so yes i would say it has the old style wheels i dont see any point in the old style wheels.what are you getting at with tha wheels. all you keep saying is we sent out this we sent our guy to walker plant we ordered walker sheets for my bed all im saying is the design when the sheer pins break and everything sounds like it just exploded under there (even when the blades are shut right off) is stupid and cause un needed damage. and also what does poor maintenance have to do with shutting the blades down.and the rotators lay off the crack its getting to your head
Old 09-19-2000, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I see someone is upset and like I siad in my post CONTACT WALKER THEMSELVES not a dealer, and I meant no harm or disrespect on this issue I was only trying to find a possible solution to your issue!!!!!!! And remarks of smoking crack does not and will not impress me or others due to you posted a badly badly wrecked deck you should know you where going to get some critisizm on your post. And if the deck and mower has 200hrs on it walker will treat you right on a short-block. Yes not shutting down in time will cause alot of damage its like floggy a dead horse you posted we all replied!!
Old 09-19-2000, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

slingshot...chill out you asked the question. Have you had any other problems with any of your other machines. Now I don't know what the wheels have to do with your problem either. We have a 48" deck ending it's 6th season with close to 3000 hrs on it. It has had a few blades into the top of deck or side from careless operators. Replaceing a set of blades and couple little bolts one or two times a is a whole lot better than gear boxes. Ours is still the original one. Good luck. and relax