Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2000, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Member

MICRO INJECTIONS

EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION, BUT I HAVE USED THE MAUGET SYSTEM FOR MANY YEARS AND FOUND NO PROBLEMS BUT JUST SATISFIED CUSTOMERS. I WILL AGREE THAT IT SHOULD BE USED IN SITUATIONS
WERE THE ROOTS ARE NOT EXCESSABLE OR THE SPECIMEN IS VERY LARGE. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TREE A 60 TO 75'TREE FOR LEAF FEEDING INSECTS. ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS A CONCERN FOR DROFT OR OVER SPRAY. EACH WOUND CAUSED BY THE ENTRY IS SELF SEALING AND IF I THINK THE WOUND WILL BE SLOW TO HEAL I WILL INJECT A SMALL AMOUNT SILICON CAULKING. I WORKS FOR AND IS VERY PROFITABLE.
Old 10-06-2000, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Seems to me that if holes drilled into the cambium layer were going to have a severe effect, we wouldn't have any sugar maples here in the northeast bigger than 2' in diameter. Since this isn't the case I am sure if done correctly the injections will only help improve the health of the tree since we are getting rid of a pest that is using the trees energy. In New York state starting March 1,2001 we are required to give 48 hrs. notice to neighboring property of any pesticide sprayings, this is going to make applicators either charge more or alter there methods of application. The mauget system is exempt from this notification so it certainly looks like a feasible idea here in New York.