Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2000, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If the ship doesnt sail buy Chuck a big screen TV.<p>I havnt sent my original $3.50 pledge yet, I figured the $$s might not add up. If the $43 idea gets unanimous support I will send that in.
Old 06-19-2000, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

i raised my original pledge from $5 to $10 and put it in the mail this morning. as someone who has been a lurker here since last year but has never posted, i feel like i know most of the regulars personalities. i've gotten plenty of helpful info from this forum. if more is needed i'm willing to kick in more. but i think phil should cover anyones plegde who doesn't send in the money.
Old 06-20-2000, 05:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Is this as good as it gets?
Old 06-20-2000, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Somebody asked what a good defenition of a SCRUB was.........well here's one you can add to it: I think scrubs are people like the 12 memebers that can't send in $3.50 like the ones I covered with my $45.00 or it could be the 21 memebers Phil covered with his $75- and son on. Don't be leeches guys, I know a lot of you &quot;take&quot; from this forum, so heres your chance to &quot;give&quot; something back and keep it goin!!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 06-20-2000, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Phil,<p>You're taking the 'voluntary' outta voluntary contribution. Is this a good cause or a tax on services?<p>My original pledge was $10. I haven't sent it yet, so I'll reevaluate it over the next couple days and see what I can spare to the cause. Having just invested another $5000 upgrading my business, my significant other is inclined to frown upon further expenditures of any variety; even to good causes; and I can't say I blame her. <p>Pressuring people to ante up won't help, it'll just serve to shy away some who have already pledged and leave a bitter taste in the mouths of those who haven't. <p>If you can spare something for Chuck's trip, god bless. If you cannot, please enjoy our free exchange of ideas.<p>Wasn't that the original premise?<p>-TGC
Old 06-20-2000, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you TGC. Also, I will be contributing more than promised, but since when did a cruise cost $3,000+? Even for 2 it shouldn't cost that much. Heck Stone was planning on a cruise to Bermuda for under $1,000 and we all know how frugal he can be....
Old 06-20-2000, 10:09 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

TGCummings: I agree with you 100%. You have to listen to the other half too, because they are part of this business too, even if they aren't involved directly.<p>Someone posted that there should be a post on who sent and how much. This will just make the bigger companies look bigger and the small ones look smaller, but that's just my opinion. I realize what Chuck puts into this forum is a lot of money, but a lot of hard work too. I get a taste of what the work involved in this is by being a moderator and that isn't anything compared to what Chuck is putting into this forum. I'm hoping if a post of what guys contribute is made public that all the hours of being moderator will be added next to my money contribution. <p><br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence
Old 06-20-2000, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

If anyone cares to READ CAREFULLY they will understand. The fund raiser was expected to have over 900 pledges at $3.50 each, less than 10% of registered users have come forward. So what's the mystery with this?<br>So ... the $3,300 is around $2,300 for the trip (10 days) and $1,000 spending money.<br>Are you saying Chuck isn't worth it? Let's go back to the 900 plus registered. Now it's over 1,000 where are they when you need them? <p>You got it ... there otta here soon as they have to do more to make it happen. It's real simple ... we don't have the 900 we expected at $3.50 so we're saying that it's still possible at the $43.50 level. If Chuck or the forum isn't worth $43.50 to you? .. fill in the rest.<p>I'm just reporting the happenings with this thing ... now you're trying to defend being a cop out? c'mon bring your thinking to a higher level ... or maybe that's what the peoblem is to begin with. I figured this was a real good idea. Quite a few people agreed. Now, that the stakes are higher what do we see? We see let it happen attitudes ... when we should be seeing make it happen attitudes.<p>If you're not going to &quot;make it happen&quot; just say so. I'll stop with the progress report everyday ... which has now come to a standstill.
Old 06-20-2000, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Phil,<br>What are the options if enough isnt raised? Im hesitant to send money if it will be returned.<p>I agree it is a shame that more hasnt been pledged.<p>If enough isnt raised their has to be something to give or present to Chuck with alot of fanfare, and publicity. I suggested a Big screen TV earlier for Chuck to watch the Chiefs or Rams on, but a vacation with a guest would be more memorable.
Old 06-20-2000, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I hate to see the thing die in the water. How come Turf Magazine hasn't pledged anything? Pro Magazine hasn't either? John Deere, Exmark and others. They must have heard about this. I'm pretty sure that both of those mags would want the story which would be very interesting to all concerned. Haven't given up yet. Still thinking on the ways and means of making it happen. Imagine Chuck standing there holding that check. Big photo suitable for framing hanging on forum members wall, something to look back on and remember the &quot;good times&quot;. I think if Turf Mag did the article everybody who made it possible should be in there by name or forum ID. <p>Phil Nilsson