Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-09-2003, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Expert

My part time guy does the exact same thing. I tell him he needs to lay off the dope.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Some people have a fuuny way of breaking the ice. LOL
Old 05-10-2003, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Earplugs/Headphones

Quote:
Originally posted by Expert Lawns
......I have a customer that will walk out of the house and start talking while he's walking towards me. again, mower on and headphones on. by the time i stop, slide the idle down, turn it off and hop off the mower, he is done with his 3 minute gab session......
It seems that this happens to me about 2-3 in a week. Someone (usually a client) has to approach me as I'm operating the equipment WITH my earplugs in and start talking.

As soon as I see the figure coming my way I stop, shutdown or idle, and now have to take an earplug out and ask for them to please "say again".

On the last new job I actually told the guy that I do wear ear protection and cannot hear him when he "hollers".

What REALLY gets me all fired up is when I am mowing with a WB or trimming and someone taps me on the shoulder from behind! GEEEZ!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Re: Do you Mow?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lawn277
Here is a classic: I pulled up to a customers residience the other day. Im standong by the trailer, loaded, 2 mowers, trimmer egder, ect. A guy pulls up and says" do you mow". I couldnt answer, I was about ready to fall down laughing. I wanted to tell him no I just pull all this equiptment around for show. But I composed myself and got 2 accounts. Is it me or was that a really dumb question?

thanks
Rick
That's nothing. I was sitting on my mower, on a lawn, MOWING, with my rig full of other mowers parked there, when a lady walked up from down the street and asked "do you mow lawns?"

I told her I was booked up already. I have a very sensitive idiot detector and figured she wouldn't work out anyway.

Reminds me of the scene from "Animal House" where Flounder walks up to the guys at the frat party playing cards and asks "you guys playing cards?"

I give them the same look they gave him.

Last edited by brucec32; 05-11-2003 at 11:30 AM.