Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-17-2003, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

dreat dane

I was just curious to know if they make a stripper kit for a great dane super surfer.....This is what kind of mower i have 52" deck 22 h.p kohler....any opinions on this mower....good or bad????

Thanks Richie
Old 05-21-2003, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Richie, have I got just what you need.

Attached you will see the homemade chain kit that I had a welder fabricate for me. The total cost was around $80 which is high for homemade jobs but very cheap comapred to manufacturer sold roller and chain kits. If you can weld you can lower the cost significantly. Oh and by the way, my buddy who has a new Lazer Z with no roller says has looked at my stripes often now and says his doesn't stripe nearly as well. I am totally sold on stripe kits for the nicer lawns.
You will notice that we added on a bracket with a hole in it to hook onto the existing step platform hook that comes on the mower for loading and unloading on the trailer. (Believe me you will learn real quick not to forget to hook it up before loading or it will take about 10 minutes of turning the chains around to get them back out of the trailer-that is unless you have a wood bottom trailer in which case you don't need to worry about it).
Sorry Ritchie, I just noticed you said Super Surfer, not Surfer. I think you could do something similar but will need to be creative about how to attach it to the back of the mower and how to keep it out of the way when you need to.
Attached Images

Last edited by UGA; 05-21-2003 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a pic in the raised position.

nm
Attached Images