Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2003, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Member

lawn bizz is tuff

I'm throwing in the towel ,the scrubs have put me out of bizz. started in 98 .been on Lawnsite .com under several different names.been kicked off <ha -ha> But overall this is a great website , there is A ton of info on here ,I admire all of ya'll cause i been there , LAWN SERVICE AIN'T FOR THE FAINT OF HEART ,YOU GOT TO HAVE JAM TO DO THIS EVERY DAY .im 40 i thinking of going to collge ??????went thru this same type scrub stuff in the trucking bizz.in 89 i had a 69 model snapper comet lol that was my first attempt at .

Last edited by Sean Adams; 05-25-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:59 PM

If it was easy everyone would be doing it. I think the topics relative to "scrubs" has been discussed here so often there is enough information now to know how to get, keep, and please all of your clients regardless of the situation.

Either way, best of luck in whatever you choose to do.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

people think its easy to start a lawn biz thats why everyone and there mother does it now.buy a nice new dump truck with a trailer and 3 mower make 100,000 a year easy.yeah right first year more like 15,000 second year maybe 30,000
Old 05-25-2003, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

taco, i agree with you, thats why i wont leave my full time job to be a landscaper. first of all the competition is fierce. then u have customers that think they are gonna tell u how to do it, when to do it, and how much they are going to pay you. if u want to stay in this business, u have be willing to take abuse. good luck to you. btw, u mean u can get kicked off lawnsite? and i havnt been booted yet?
Old 05-25-2003, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Member

booted off lawnsite

Yea you can get booted off , although it seems now that the members and atmosphere are a lot more friendlier and laid back.
and I brought getting booted off on myself to some degree ,I would get tired of the smart -*** remarks and have to add my two cents and theykicked me off one time i deserved it ,the other time i was dead right but the still gave me the old heave ho!
but like i said in my earlier post ,this is a GOOD forum for people in this bizz.someone mentioned that you have to "rise above the scrub" issue ,it's not that easy ,not when you live in an area where Price is ALL that matters and help is impossible to keep .
Old 05-25-2003, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

taco

same here with the price deal and getting help.i got someone starting this week.i hope he lasts for a month lol
Old 05-26-2003, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. The Lawn business is getting tougher each year, thats a fact. Supply and demand economics is at work here.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

the problem boils down to the fact that there is no regulations in this industry , not in Texas anyway , I tried to get my own town to pass an ordinance requiring lawn services to carry commercial liability and purchase a permit , this makes or brakes some scrubs and it also would close that price diference gap , But My City Council wasn't ready for that! some even got offended , naturally it was the members who use scrubs lol.....at least it's raining here right and we all know what that means ,talk to you guys later..TACO