Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2003, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BSDeality
Green Pastures, I'm not tryin to flame, but up here religion isn't one of the cogs that turns the wheels in my town and several surrounding ones. Hell, neither is love. All people up here think about is how much $$ they can get out of the other half when they do get divorced.
BSDeality,

No flames taken.

Religion IS a cog in every town in America, this country was founded on freedom of religion.

My point was not religion or "reality", it was that I would never marry somebody I could not trust with everything that I have and everything that I am.

If you're to young or to blinded by love to realize the difference then you have no business getting married.

I will look to my parents, my older married friends and my Pastor for advice on my choice for a wife before I ever let her know I'm thinking about marriage. Older and more experienced people have better insight to the true character of people.

Edited to say, in my world love is more of a decision than a feeling. There have to be feelings and a physical attraction but it's more of a decision.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES
Old 05-29-2003, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Age isnt necessarily a good teacher. I'm 45.

The first 3 or 4 years of marriage are bliss most of the time....and you trust this person with everything. Trust isnt the issue anyway.... I would trust my husband with my life...but he still puts his ex and his adult children before me. Did I know this going into the marriage? No. I knew he had baggage, but I thought once we were married things would get better. Additionally, what if he dies in some accident? I know for a fact that his ex will come after me and my business and try to have me left out in the street.

What it comes down to is as you get more relaxed in the marriage/ or other long term relationship..you become complacent and start to take each other for granted. Marriage takes work and nurturing...some people don't want to work at it.
I learned from my past 2 marriages what this work involves...my husband though, thinks that just "being married" is all thats needed. He's wrong.

Nowadays, you gotta think long and hard about marriage...it aint what it used to be.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well Green they measure that as how much she can potentially make, put a $ value on it and then divide that.
As for the woman who had the affair, down here she would have gotten nothing. Adultery takes away all rights more or less.
I am on my second and final marriage. The first one was a big mistake and it only took me 13 yrs to find it out. lol
We are into yr 2 of my current marriage and although things could be better, they always can, I am not complaining. I love my wife very much and I could never have asked for a pre-nup.
I trust her with all that I have and if one day she decides that she doesnt love me anymore and takes everything I will still go on. Besides if that happens I think I will move to an island somewhere. Maybe find me a woman I hate about every 5 yrs or so and buy her a house. lol
Old 05-29-2003, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Green Pastures
I look at it this way. If I feel like I have to protect myself and my interests from my future bride, she would instantly become my ex-future bride. .
OK, I'm married 25 years, and things are great. However, my friend and even my brother have run into divorce problems. But, being the type of person I am, if I needed to have "protection" before I got married, I wouldn't get married. In other words, if you go into marriage worrying "before" you're married, you doing the wrong thing.
Pete
Old 05-29-2003, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
But, being the type of person I am, if I needed to have "protection" before I got married, I wouldn't get married. In other words, if you go into marriage worrying "before" you're married, you doing the wrong thing.
Pete
So every time you get into your car and put on your seatbelt, you think you are going to get into an accident???
Old 05-29-2003, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I am one to believe that there is no such thing as a "soulmate" or the "perfect" mate.

When I was in my 20s I believed all that mess about one true love ..blah blah blah.

Not anymore...call me jaded. People are people whether you are married or not..and if the relationship turns sour for whatever reason, you better have your assets covered.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If I ever get married again (ouch), I'm gonna need a 2 or 3 inch 3-ring binder to hold all of my my biz prenups...LOL
Old 05-29-2003, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
, if I needed to have "protection" before I got married, I wouldn't get married.
Are we still talkin about pre-nups or are we talking about safe sex now?????
Old 05-29-2003, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Elements of business?

So, uh being a newbie and all I just wanted to know if I marry the girl, who also does my lawn, but happens to own the trimmer, but I own the mower. Well, the girl next door does the fert and I wanna know lol

Anyway, I have been told by several lawyer friends that most prenups are only as good as the lawyer she gets to dispute it.
Just my .02
Old 05-29-2003, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats true ....and the same goes for the settlement agreement....