Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-29-2003, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I have to agree with Green Pastures on this. If my wife decided to get a divorce (unlikely since my standards are very similar to his) and takes the business....so be it.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD and has taken away" Job 1:21
Old 05-29-2003, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Advanced Lawncare
I have to agree with Green Pastures on this. If my wife decided to get a divorce (unlikely since my standards are very similar to his) and takes the business....so be it.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD and has taken away" Job 1:21
That's EXACTLY the way I look at it.

God gave me EVERYTHING I have now, I'll get more.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES
Old 05-30-2003, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Advanced Lawncare
[B]I have to agree with Green Pastures on this. If my wife decided to get a divorce (unlikely since my standards are very similar to his) and takes the business....so be it.
/B]
Sorry, God never told us to be stupid. "So be it" just doesn't work for me, and "turn the other cheek" does't apply here either.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Member

You have a refreshing attitude for sure... but life is what it is and many people of deep faith end up asking God "why me?"

I say protect yourself regardless...because you just may be "put to the test"
Old 05-30-2003, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I told my wife a prenup would be part of our marriage when we started getting serious about each other while dating. She said fine, as long as it is fair to both of us. We dated for 6 years before getting married with a prenup. I think God gives us the wisdom & judgment to try to protect ourselves from a possible financial disaster.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
Sorry, God never told us to be stupid. "So be it" just doesn't work for me, and "turn the other cheek" does't apply here either.
This is part of the problem in America right now. While "so be it" is not scriptural "turn the other cheek" is. If you obey the commandments, not suggestions from God, that puts the responsibility of your protection on Him. I would much rather have God looking out for me than me any day of the week.

It's a simple matter of faith in what you choose to have faith in. I don't put any faith in me, sure I'm capable of getting things done, but God is the one ultimately in charge of every single thing, everywhere. I choose to put my faith in Him, for everything, including a wife that I can trust with everything that I am and everything that I have.

God has NEVER let me down. Ever.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES
Old 05-30-2003, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Sorry, God never told us to be stupid. "So be it" just doesn't't work for me, and "turn the other cheek" does't apply here either.
No He didn't, however He does say that we are to trust in Him and not in the world. This is going to come down to core beliefs. I not going to debate theology, but I believe that turn the other cheek applies in this situation. I will not prepare for divorce since there is extremely few reasons for a biblical divorce. Just as most people do not understand Scripture, most will not understand why I think like this and that is fine. Was just giving my beliefs on preparing for divorce prior to marriage.