Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2003, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Newbie Brochure. Input would be nice.

Aside from the Price, tell me what you all think. I have heard the speil about the "price wars", but I want business. And Im not looking for 30+ clients. Rhody does just fine in terms of professionals.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2003, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The guy is ugly.

Lawn mowing is 2 words

You will mulch my whole lawn for $25?
PS My lawn takes 10 yards of mulch.

Be more specific.

Mowing Trim n Blow lawn

$10?

"free estimate" or "Call for a bid"
Old 05-30-2003, 02:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with LAWNGODFATHER. Also by advertising that you are a college student it makes it seem like you are just in it for a quick buck. Most people will probably call because they think they will be able to get you to do their lawn for next to nothing. I'd get a business name an put it on the flier instead.
I hope it goes well.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:48 AM
LawnSite Member

bad,bad, flyer. bad, bad, ideas

im glad you dont work in my town! 10$$ to mow,trim,blow your gonna lose money doin it that cheap but obviously you dont realize how expensive it will get for you. you should re-think everything your doing and yes the little guy is ugly. why cut your profits so short? at least charge an average price. people like you are bad for our trade, if your customers are smart thell hire a pro with some common sense. hell youd make more money working for someone else than with those prices!!
Old 05-30-2003, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Ha-ha. Ok maybe your right about the guy being ugly, but I'm all set with the advice now. I placed the flyers in churches, and a few other select high traffic places. I have 15 lawns lined up. PS That was in less than one week's time. About the whole $10-25. Haven't you heard of bait and switch? In response to you zap, You saw the $10 and jumped out of your tree. In Rhode Island, most peoples yards are 500< sq. ft. Especially in the area that I live. You couldn't differentiate between $10 and $25. You can STFU about how I hurt your lawn business in Tulsa. Its called free enterprise for a reason. I'm going to get business. I use a $150 lawn mower, which is financed for less than $7 a month. If I keep these 15 customers alone I will make out this summer like a bandit. Thanks for the dick-headed remarks, and good luck down there in good ole' OK. O.K.?
Old 05-30-2003, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

your welcome scrub.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Banned

You've got some real balls dude! You come on to a site full of proffesionals and ask us what we think of your SCRUB (and I don't use that word lightly) operation!?!?!

Then you BRAG about your "bait and switch" tactics?!?! What a joke!
Old 05-30-2003, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just trying to help. If you keep the attitude you have, you will be sick of mowing lawns, and your customers will not like you by the end of the summer. It sounds like you plan on screwing some people over but you gotta remember that they ca screw you back just as easy. Be honest, do good work, treat your customers right, and you'll have a business that you can be proud of.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow,
Your definately on your way, you got it figured out, good job, but why you asking for our opinions when you throw **** back at us when we tell you the truth. One problem I have with your
operation is the financing for $150.00. What idiotic bank gave you a loan for $150.00? You shouldhave walked along the roadside and collected aluminum cans for a day or two and you would have been able to come up with that much money.

Other problem I have is you advertising your scheming buisness in local churches. For as Jesus said "My fathers house will be a place for worship, not a den of theives". As you have clearly sinned in the eyes of the lord, "Bait and Switch". May the lord have mercy on your soul Matthew and I do hope you will think of this next time you come up with a scheme like this.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You did ask for opinions

Did you say how old you are, physically I mean, we can tell your mental attitude by your remarks.
I ask, because your flyer looks like it's for someone that just started Jr High, and I wouldn't hire that punk to clean out the dog pen. The picture just looks like it's saying "I'm just a dumb kid trying to squeeze you out of a few bucks, and I could care less about the quality of the work that I do cause I sure don't care how I look.

Your attitude follows through on your remarks to replies that you asked for.
Grow up, this ain't Mayberry!

You really should consider working at a car dealership with the attitude that you have. That is a serious suggestion, take it please.