Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-31-2003, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

look at em teef

hope ya'll got a dental plan
Old 05-31-2003, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

No Im not "Screwing" anyone over. Im cutting piece of **** lawns that wouldn't be cut otherwise. You can call me a scrub. In fact, I take kindly to that. Its good to get a solid customer base with a week in the business. Still gets me payed.
The $150 was financed through sears and it included all my purchases. The true number was more like $550 (Weed wacker, Edger, Blower, Bags, Gas Can, Two of every replaceable part for my machines)
And I know all of you are as holy as you are professionals.
**** it, like I said I posted the brocure to see what you thought. Obviosuly it stirred something in you to say that the kid was ugly. Good, it gets you to look at it. The price was jumped upon with regards to costs etc.
Finally I am very confident that you all couldn't pull over a 20% (75 of the "Jr High" dog pen cleaning,ugly kid brocures/15 customers) in terms of marketing customers the way I did.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

And lewis how is it a scheme?. I said bait and switch, but that doesn't mean that I cut the lawn and THEN tell the people the Jacked up price. They get an estimate. My price range really is $10 to $25. And you people wouldn't understand that, not being from the area. SOme lawns are tiny, less than 15 min work.

“Do not judge so that you will not be judged.For by the standard you judge you will be judged, and the measure you use will be the measure you receive. Why do you see the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to see the beam of wood in your own? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye,’ while there is a beam in your own? You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Do not give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and turn around and tear you to pieces. "-Matthew Chapter 7 V1-6.

But, lets not get Biblical, this is lawn mowing.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Severe attitude problem

You quote from the Bible, then say let's not get biblical, and that follows your posting filled with substituted cussing and prior name calling.

If you won't take criticism, DON'T ask for opinions. If you want to play where the adults do you'll have to at least act a little more mature.

Where you get your percentages from I don't know, (or care). Percentage of customers in an area isn't what it's all about, it's doing quality work and getting paid enough to cover overhead with profit left over.

Your lashing out at those that criticize really does show a measurable amount of immaturity. What almost all posts have been trying to tell you is, LOOK & ACT PROFESSIONAL. Age does not keep you from doing this. Your wording, name calling, and attitude in your posts are what made many of the reply posts 'put downs' on your style.

One thing I'll give you, at least you're trying to figure a way to make money/a living. Put a cap on your hostility, and learn to take offered advise from professionals in the business your trying to get into, even when it doesn't suit your thinking.
Act like you want to succeed, don't act like or think you're owed success.
Good Luck
Old 05-31-2003, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I'd like to retract my statements. I also want to apologize to those whom I offended, and as I look at the views that is 186 of you. I will use this site as a guide, and not as some self deprecating podium where I can puff my chest out. The point is, I am a scrub. I convey that point to the customer. I work hard, but they know I am limited in regards to services I can provide. My brocure is just another avenue for me to get business for people who would otherwise not have their lawns cut. Also when I worked with a landscaping company, I felt the smaller homes were ignored becuase they wouldn't dish out the $35/hour. I have been using the brocure now as a business flyer, writing what I feel is a fair estimate on the brocure itself. This has gotten me good business. I wish not the be a thorn in the sides, and I respect all of you as professionals. I should hold myself to a higher level when it comes to "smack talking" on the internet.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Member

i respect a man who can admit a mistake, no harm no foul, you could put a better looking guy on that flyer though, id be glad to send you a picture of myself pushing my mower but theyd probably be disapointed when you show up and not me. seriously though think about it from the stand point of lost money,from here on out get the max you can your damn sure earning it out there mowing your *** off
Old 05-31-2003, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey y'all, I think there might be a real person inside that mad-up character.

Your last post shows you do have grit and a real personality.

Best wishes with your venture, may your hard work turn into the success you're after.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now that I have a new operating program (got rid of Windows ME) I see a water mark in your pic.

And I gave you a straight up critique of your flyer.

Also 15 customers in a week, come on, should do that in a day
Old 06-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Banned

You come here and apologize then you send me this in a PM:

"Im sorry im a scrub. Ill move to your neighboor hood and I'll bait and
switch your customers with cheap prices and see how much they honor
your "quality work"

Please do come to my neighborhood. I hope you like the taste of your own teeth. Now fade away ya piece of ****.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If your prices are $10-$25 what happens if you get a call for a job that may take you 2 hours. You should just leave all dollar amounts out of your flier. It might make your estimates. I bet when you quote someone at $15 they say why not $10? what makes my lawn $15?. Not trying to knock you or anything but I just advertise service not the cost.