Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-31-2003, 04:47 AM
LawnSite Member

the most lawns a 2man crew an handle

just wondering..

whats the most lawns (reg. size houses front/back) a 2man crew can handle in 1 day? ( 100degreees outside)

any help apreciated (from personal experiences only)

Last edited by Sean Adams; 05-31-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A few years ago, when I was young and stupid, 2 of us did 32 lawns in a day...ranging from 8K to 18K sq/ft, all within 8 miles. That was when I did 120 weekly. Now I do 40 a week, make more money, and am alot happier.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

two man crew capabilities

Well, that also depends on what my husband calls the daily bull, if your equipment is sound, your help is on time and doesn't have to be in early for some appointment, they can get 15-21 done in a day, provided there is also not a lot of travel time between accounts.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

15-21...ha...I do that by myself...If that's all a 2 man crew is doing, time to find new guys...:blob4:
Old 05-31-2003, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are too many factors to give a solid estimate on how many 2 could get done. I would say account density would be the biggest factor. Travel time between lawns can kill you. If you have several on the same street, that will obviously take less time than the same amount spread about town. Good luck. Check out "Network with people from your area" part of this site. What areas do you primarily take care of?
Old 06-01-2003, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

well goodbeus I am glad that you have the will and stamina to work that many by yourself, but how many hours in your day? I guess I should have been more specific that our 2 man crew does that in 5-6 hrs per day with travel time. With bull, like specified of equipment breakdown, vehicle breakdown and human breakdown it can develop into longer hours.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

5-6 hours a day is not a day...that's half a day or an early day...quiting time at 12:00 - 1:00 pm, starting at 7:00 am...but 15-21 in that time period still isn't bad
Old 06-03-2003, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Member

THANX EVERYONE

what im tryin 2 figure out is how much work 2 man crew should do in a week while doin the most lawn we can and making as much money as possible. in 100 degree weather.. lets say we have 2 lawnmowers & 2 weedeaters.we gettin tired, hot, sweaty, sore, stressed, etc. etc. to not be able to handle other waiting client needing thiers done cuz of this, ive lost like 4 reg. weekly clients already. also ive lost 4 more customers that called and i scheduled them for 2 days later.. then they ended up canceling and havent called back yet (this was like a week ago) anyways if anyone here has/had a helper and what average do/did yall do in a week keeping in mind that your trying 2 make as much as possible.(in 100 degree weather from 9am to 6 pm w/no a/c in the truck.just mowing front/back & us both edging reg size houses)

thanx 4 feedback

preciate any advice from ppl dat know wut talkin about
Old 06-03-2003, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

turfguy

we aint worried about travel time just yet... were startin out close 2 home first. we primariy do ours on northside of ft worth. wheres areas u take care of?

peace
Old 06-03-2003, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We do lawns in Fort Worth, Arlington, HEB, Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Colleyville , Wautaga and parts of Roanoke. That's why I commented on the travel time. We certainly drive alot. Good luck.