Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

OK, it has been said before.. and I will say it again. There is a button below that says "spell check ".... students !!!!! listen up. You must learn to spell, if you don't want to learn to spell words correctly, then please use spell check when communicating with customers and other piers around you. This is not directed at everyone, those who know...know who they are.

Sorry, just a thing that bugs me.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys I am 17 and manage about 25-30 accounts aweek. I will be a senior next year but THIS industry can burn u out in a hurry.
Bunton guy I need to talk to u sometime. I am just up in hickory.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, i am 16 and i am now working two jobs i guess you could say. On Monday through Thursday I work with this guy mowing lawns. He does around 120 lawns a week and has four people working for him including me. He has two 36" Gravely w/b, a Scag 36" w/b, and four lawn boy push mowers and other various hand held equipment. on Fridays I service my 16 residential accounts with my 48" Bob-Cat w/b, a 21" Toro Push mower, a Echo back pack blower, an Echo Stick edger, and a Kawasaki trimmer. I always try to keep Friday nights open for friends and then i do my homework when i am done with work. So thats more or less what I do every week... I am new to this site and it has been very informative so far so i would like to say hi to everyone.
Old 06-07-2003, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Member

i am 17 just graduated H.S between me and my dad we maintain about 15 pieces of property as week mostly commerical with a 36" Scag Belt drive. and i am starting work next week as a spray teck for one on the bigest outfit in the area. So hey a average 60hr at least anit bad? ....... Is it

Alex
Old 06-07-2003, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm 16, be 17 in August and I service 20 accounts weekly. Started this business 4 years ago mowing for a few people, then the idea caught on and I began to get into the business full time. School has been making things difficult, trying to get all the lawns done during the week so I have time on the weekends for the women, but it's worth it completely. Doing a little landscaping as soon as school gets out, I have a patio to put in and a couple other things to fill up the schedule. So far I have...

-2002 Exmark TTHP 36"
-6X10 open trailer, racks all around
-Stihl FS 85 RT w/edger
-Stihl BR 320 BP blower
-Sithl 024 chainsaw
-2 Toro 21"
-Snapper dethatcher
-'82 GMC diesel 6.2 litre
-Kubota tractor w/rear blade, for the orchard, but I use it for some landscaping jobs
-Crappy 5 HP Yard Machines chipper my dad bought for himself

Keep cuttin'!

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 06-07-2003, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
You must learn to spell, if you don't want to learn to spell words correctly, then please use spell check when communicating with customers and other piers around you
Even spell checkers will not catch all mistakes . I believe you meant to say:

You must learn to spell, if you don't want to learn to spell words correctly, then please use spell check when communicating with customers and other PEERS around you.

A pier is used mostly with ships.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Keep up the good work guys!!!! Im 18 and currently have 10 jobs. These are for what i would consider wealthy individuals (500000-2000000) and keep me very busy. Course the money makes everything worth it. I have also expanded into landscaping this year and just landed a 30k job. It includes grading, major drain work, water feature, about 4 tonnes in boulders, 520 plants, and all other kinds of fun. Unfortantly this will be my last year in the biz as i go to begin my pre med education. The industry has been more than good to me ......Thank You:blob3:
Old 06-07-2003, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

stxkyboy, before the season is up you should talk to some small landscapers about buying your route. Establish a price and offer it to them. It might put some $$ in your pocket for the winter
Old 06-07-2003, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Old 06-08-2003, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I've seen flyers put out by college students who are "home to make cash for the summer" by their accounts. I'm curious, do people just hire them as a break in the summer, then do it themselves after they head back to school?

I had a former customer who never called to cancel, but just ignored my renewal letter this spring....call in a panic because her student-mower decided to hang by the pool instead of mow her lawn and she had a party coming up. I didn't even bother to return the call.

How sweet it is!
Closed Thread