Register free!

Old 06-10-2003, 08:26 PM

Speed Zone

I found this cool time-lapse video on the PBI Gordon website on how fast Speed-Zone works. Makes me want to try the stuff out?

Hows it work for you guys?

http://www.pbigordon.com/sz_tl_clover/clover_day00.htm
Old 06-10-2003, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Speedzone is a very good product if you want a rapid burndown in weeds. I personally don't use it anymore b/c of the cost ($56/gallon). Trimec works just as well for me.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I started out using Millennium Ultra and was impressed but it was stinky and it had a more hazardous DANGER classification. It works well.

The supplier did not have it one day but did have the new Speedzone. I reluctantly took a 2.5 gal bottle with. I will never use Millennium again. Speedzone is rainfast in about 3 hours and it works like nothing else. It also carries a less hazardous CAUTION classification. Use whatever works for you but I am absolutely sold on this stuff. Cost isn't that bad compared to callbacks or washoff from rain that you will get with Millennium. It makes me very good money. Good Luck.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

speedzone

Lawnmagic1, Where are you finding speedzone for $56 a gallon? After hearing and reading about it I went down to a local supplier to try and get a suitable size to sample. The only size they had was a 2 1/2 gal. and they were selling it for $202.00. I told them LOL trying to get anybody to try it at that price. Even if you could get it for $150 for 2 1/2 gals., it's going to have to be an awesome product to get me to pay almost double what I'm paying for Momentum. If anybody knows where I can get a quart or gal. to try out as a spot spray I would appreciate it. The rainfast in 3 hours claim is definately interesting considering the weather we've had this year.