Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2004, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

If anyone has had success with distributing flyers,..when do you think is a good time to start doing it. Spring is just around the corner and I think winter here has about come to an end.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Grassgator no flyers yet... but i did see your trailer/picture on tools for a time web site. Have you been satisfied with service and equiptment from them? Also anyone out there attend class with Pam Matis at duval extension on Friday 2/20? I was there and very informative.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey GatorBait!
Yeah...those folks at Tools for a Time are GREAT! Jeff & Debbie Youngblood are owners and are great to work with. I do most of my own service on my equipment, but I have heard good things about all that they do. They loved my artwork on the trailer and put it on their web page.

I have not been out to the Ag Ctr. yet....(no time!). I live in Mandarin so it's not like it's "on the way". For me it's like driving to the other edge of the planet! I hear she is great and really knows her stuff.

Does anybody out there VISA/MC. Been looking into as a service to my clients, but not sure if it is worth it. Any advice from the "Pro's" would be appreciated.

From one Gator to another....SEEEEEYA!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Member

AG Center

Hey Gatorbait,

I was there on Fri. I was a great class! Learned some things (as I always do there). I sat in the back by the registration desk. (and Garden Girl!)

I stopped by "Tools for a Time" this weekend, I will be attending their huge sales event this coming weekend.

Also, FYI, this next week is the sales event at Ronnie's on Sunbeam. All the manufactures will be there. I will be checking that out as well. Jeanne (Ja-neen) is very friendly and helpful. If ya go see her, tell her "Donald w/A Green Oasis" sent ya...

My flyers are going out this weekend (if I can get them from the printer) and next week.

I think this nice weather will help put lawn services in peoples minds.

"We make your lawn stand out from the rest"
Old 02-23-2004, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Can any of you guys recommend a good used truck for a person just starting out and where would be the best place in jacksonville to find one. THanks
Old 02-23-2004, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Qdriver, I was at the table in the back right next to you. Closes to Garden Girl. I thought class was very informative. Alot of do's and dont's information.

I will be attending Tools For a Time on Saturday. What day is Ronnie's?

I have not put out any flyers. Is this a very productive way for new clients? Majority of my customers have come by word of mouth or walk ups.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I will be at Tools later in the afternoon,.. I will be doing some welding on my trailer. I bought my mower last week, a 36" Toro. The sale at Ronnie's will be all next week I think.

Have you gotten your clients through friends and family or cold meeting (door knocking)?

Old 02-24-2004, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a 36" Exmark. Very, very pleased with it. Looking to purchase a 48" or 52" rider soon. Only been in biz for a year full time for a couple of years part time. Majority of clients have come by word of mouth. I have signs on truck and got 1 call from that. Not to complain though as 1 call has more than paid for sign. That's why asked about the flyers. Never have put any out and have been fairly successful for only being fulltime for 1 year.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I am only going part-time for this 1st season just to be safe. Both me and my wife have full time jobs and I have a part-time job as well. I have three little ones so I cant just jump off into it. I am counting a lot on the flyer's to get me clients for the beginning of the season. I have A LOT riding on this venture....

Are all of your clients in GCS of do you have some in S Duval?

Old 02-25-2004, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Gatorbait & Qdriver:
I plan to attend Tools for a Time this Saturday as well. Probably won't be there til 1 or 2PM. Hope to see you both so I can put a name with a face.

I am going by Ronnie's today to see what's happening there and pick up some info.