Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-12-2003, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Member

New Logo....feedback please.

I am new to the forum and love it! I was in the green industry as a LCO back in the late 90's after getting out of the Air Force. I made a huge mistake of going into the corporate world, telecom at that. I have finally come to my senses after surviving a corporate bankruptcy and layoff after layoff. I am making a return for a different kind of stress. At least I can blame only myself for my success or failure. Part-time this year, full-time next year. I am licensed and insured and can't wait to take my slice of the market back.

I have created a new logo. Please provide your feedback. I can take it and look forward to it. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
Express Lawns
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2003, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Everybody has a different opinion of what looks good and when you through out something like this you will hear all sorts of comments, both good and bad.

Here are mine...

First, I don't like the double ring around it... the rings are big which is going to make the important stuff like the phone number smaller than it could be.... oops!, there is no phone number!!

Second, Maybe it is my computer but Landscaping seems to be bolder than the Express Lawns.

Third, The name and the tag line don't seem to go together. Express lawns and landscaping and then you grow it, we mow it.
Maybe it is just me .....

Again, I'm being highly critical but then again you asked for opinions.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Member

hboyd_com....thanks for the feedback! That is what I am looking for. Your feedback got the juices flowing and actually thinking a little more clearly. Take a look at this revision.

Your additional feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
Express Lawns
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2003, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

That one I like.... although if I were you I would play with different font sizes and boldness to what mix works best for you.

From my point of view, I would make the name stand out the most, followed by the phone number and finally the licensed and insured small but readable. JMHO.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

First off you don't have to have your phone number in your logo. Not many do. You add the phone number somewhere else nearby. Of course that is for a logo, not a sign and its a logo you are trying to create. The tree is a bit too simple I think, very un-original. I like the first one better than the second but think they are both ok but not outstanding. You asked, so I told.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Ksland....thanks for your reply. I appreciate any and all feedback. I am really approaching this from two directions. Like you pointed out...I was initially going from the angle of it being a logo. But I am also looking at it from a signage standpoint.

I have revised it again. Thanks for the patience and willingness to help.

Kevin
Express Lawns
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2003, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I like the latest version. Nice job. And yes, a phone numbers doesn't need to be part of the logo but I assumed you were interested in signage. I'd drop the phone number if the logo was a small logo on the front of a shirt but I would keep it on anything large enough to make it worthwhile, like the back of a shirt, side of a truck/van/trailer, etc.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I would probably leave the phone number out of the logo, you can always add that on to the side of the truck or under the logo on your t-shirts, as ksland said, this is your logo.
Also if you should move and lose that number or want to eliminate that number and advertise your cell number you would have to change all your artwork, and that will cost you, not only for the shirts but you would have to re-letter the trucks, all letterhead and blah,blah,blah.

Steve
Old 06-12-2003, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Member

LOGO

LOOKS GOOD. MAYBE USE LESS COLOR IN THE GRASSY AREA: FADE IT A BIT MAYBE. REMEMBER TO KEEP IT SIMPLE. CHECK MINE OUT:
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2003, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. This is still a work in progress but here are a few more designs. Keep in mind that some are logo and some are for signs.

Thanks,
Kevin
Express Lawns
Attached Images