Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2003, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you DEER HUNT!

I would rather hunt than I had eat! I hunt deer, turkey, duck, and goose. Hunting has been pretty good here the past several years but we are always looking for something different. A couple of us go on two or three guided hunts every year. We are looking for a combination deer, duck hunt if any of hunters could suggest a good place to go.

Just dreaming of the fall!
Old 06-16-2003, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not yet. Finally got my license last year, after being bugged for over 10 years by a friend who wanted me to go hunting with him. He basically gave up on me, and now I have to work my way back into his good graces so he'll take me out. Oh, the joy of being a newbie.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I just picked up a Mossberg Maverick 12 gauge pump for $140.00 new at Academy Sports. Haven't hunted since moving back from upstate NY, but I am looking forward to going this Fall. My cousin goes every year, and gets his limit every year. He also hunts boars......BY HAND!! That's right, no guns, just knives. They jump on it like a madman, wrestle it into submission, tie it up, and slit it's throat. Now THAT'S nuts! I'll get my pork from the grocery, thank you.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now that is hunting!
Old 06-16-2003, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

yep, hunt deer on my property every year. Also ducks, pheasants, rabbits, squirrel.

Mike
Old 06-16-2003, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I do a little hunting ever now & then, but I think I like eating better than hunting.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:24 PM
Suspended

Yep, i havn`t got a deer yet but i`m pretty confident for this year, i`m hunting archery and shotgun this year. its my third year hunting deer. there isn`t a rifle season here but i shoot alot of squirrels, crows, rabbits and pigeons . i`ve got to upgrade my license this year since I turned 16 but i`ve got all summer to do that. One this that i can`t stand is people who automatically think that because we hunt we are gonna shoot up a public place I just watched a national geographic special called "huntin in america" that mad me so mad i wanted to take a trimmer to the guy who did that interveiwing I can`t beilve how bias it was to anti-hunters but don`t get me started on them .My uncle use to work for ducks unlimited and is still with them occasionally. Other than that I work at the local conservation club part time raiseing wild turkeys and pheasents for release .i`m also invoved in the local public game reserve ( best duck and goose hunting around) mostly fixin dykes and water control systems. this year we had abunch of brush and topsoil back up a drainage creek off one of the dykes and it made a small pond engolfing an access road and bridge. They couldn`t get DU into blow it up for a month so we had 2 back hoes , a case loader tractor a few trucks, 3 atvs and about 9 guys out get the stuff outta the creek . it shure was fun seeing a couple thousand gallons of water go rushing into the empty creek bed. it was worth getting muddy for.
i`ll talk to ya later
Old 06-20-2003, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Avid bow/rifle hunter for deer and turkey. The only guided hunt I was ever on was at Redhawk Lodge in South Central Georgia and we were hunting boar.

As far as duck go, guys I work with go up into Iowa and Canada every year. They always kill around 900 to 1200 birds in a week.

If I could find one of my old hunting magazines i could tell you where a good guided hunt is in Western Illinois. Heard a lot about them and they've been featured on T.V. but the name escapes me.

You could just get a few of your buddies and buy some land together in Northeastern Missouri, some of the biggest whitetail around come out of there.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

no, hunting is cruel
Old 06-20-2003, 08:48 AM
Suspended

Bobby :
are we gonna have this big conversation like we did on the last hunting thread. if you don`t like the subjuct don`t post on it . simple as that