Register free!

Old 07-23-2003, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

500 yards huh? history, isnt it only what the person writing it wanted someone else to know, or think? i bet more than half the garbage u read in history books is false, fake, made up. let us break down the word: his - story. privately owned land, huh? intersting. a friends of mines parents were FORCED to sell thier farm, which had been there for generations. they werent even made an offer, they were given a check, and x amount of time to get out! and these "state lands" will be gone too, the almighty dollar talks, everywhere. when there are no more woods to hunt in, and finnally interest in the "sport" decreases, and they are not making big money on licences and so on, they will sell and develop the state lands too. then what? hey, i got an idea, maybe u can raise them? yea, from an incubator, to a pen in the back yard, and then when they are big enough, u can blast them. yahoo, what "sport". o well, i guess no matter what i say, its not gonna make sense. its ok, i just hope we are not here to see it happen. anyone ever hunt elephants?
Old 07-23-2003, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
i guess no matter what i say, its not gonna make sense.
Geez, and here I had this big insult planned....you stole my thunder!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbygedd
let us break down the word: his - story.

anyone ever hunt elephants?

No, that would make the word "Hisstory", in reality -where I and most other people live, but not you obviously- its history. Also, what you said is right. Different people put different slants on history. But, check them all. Go ahead, read all the different history books, all of them! They all agree on one thing; the Colonial Minuteman and Soldier was a simply amazing shot out to incredible ranges. Its one of the main reasons we were able to defeat the British and thier incredible infantry. Please, go read your history books before you start babbling incoherently again. Dont just spout the mantra you hear from the Liberal press, do actual research about it and try to present your difference in opinion in a logical and sane manner.

Hunt elephants? No. Not yet. But I will one day! BANG BANG Baby! I will send you a pic...

Old 07-24-2003, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

sure, i saw movies about american history, there was quite an interesting plan when going into battle. walk face first directly into the enemy, take your shot from 15 feet, then charge them with your bayonette. stop talking garbage will ya. they were not marksmen, nor were they very bright. they were able to hunt for survival because there were mass numbers of animals available. now, back to the deer. i would expect the hunter to gather all his information from sources that provide information that is comforting. you will never convince me that decreasing habitat, and higher bag limits will mean more deer. it makes no sense whatsoever, to anyone, hunter or non hunter. mathematically, its very simple,keep taking, and not replenishing, you end up with nothing. very simple. not only do u kill female deer, but u do it while they are carrying young. enough of this dumb conversation. . nothing at all against hunters, but lets tell it like it is. there is no conservation in this practice. 500 yards huh? that is too funny. yea, i guess if i were to write a book about myself and my generation, that i knew people would read in 300 years, id write things like that too, and how i wrestled a bear, and beat up a whole tribe of indians single handedly, i probably wouldnt mention the time i shot myself in the foot while cleaning my gun, or the time i boned the neighbors wife, or drank so much home made booze i puked for 2 days. history, its a fairy tale. lets see, when u tell your children about what you were like in your younger days, you are passing on a bit of history yourself, arent you? what do u tell them? the good things, or the bad? beef it up a bit too i bet. later, and catch me an elephant will ya
Old 07-24-2003, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
mathematically, its very simple,keep taking, and not replenishing, you end up with nothing.
bobby, you should have paid attention in biology class, there's this thing called reproduction. Deer replenish themselves, at a rate of often times two a year. A male deer can mate numerous doe which often results in twins or even triplets.

Most of the deer's natural predators do not cohabitate well with humans and move on when development takes place. The deer adapt to their surroundings and eat whatever plant types are available where they are.
Quote:
you will never convince me that decreasing habitat, and higher bag limits will mean more deer. it makes no sense whatsoever, to anyone, hunter or non hunter.
You're destined to living misinformed, your views are just plain WRONG! If you don't believe us, then ask any Conservation Officer, or do you think they're in on the conspiracy too?
Old 07-24-2003, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

when 'practicing what you call conservation, the practice is clearly this: as you diminish habitat to develop land to make room for human interest, there is no where else for the deer to live, so u eliminate them, little by little, to match the habitat which has now been decreased in size. keep repeating the process, and the outcome is obvious. sure, deer can "adapt" to small areas to live in without predators, they have learned to adapt through neccesity, but this is where starvation and disease occur. very limited food supply, polluted water, not to mention tractor trailers, and then of course there is opening day of hunting season, at sunrise all u can see is a small army of moronic men, women , and children wearing blaze orange and smoking butts. what you are practicing is not conservation, it is elimination. o, and i should ask a conservation officer? ya, ok, isnt that like reporting the robbery to the thief? how does he make his living? smell the coffee already.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
when 'practicing what you call conservation, the practice is clearly this: as you diminish habitat to develop land to make room for human interest, there is no where else for the deer to live, so u eliminate them, little by little, to match the habitat which has now been decreased in size. keep repeating the process, and the outcome is obvious. sure, deer can "adapt" to small areas to live in without predators, they have learned to adapt through neccesity, but this is where starvation and disease occur. very limited food supply, polluted water, not to mention tractor trailers
Would you care to explain why there is little to no deer starvation in the over populated southern half of Michigan, while the unpopulated, wild Upper Peninsula looses over half the deer population every year to starvation? It's because of the snow cover. In the U.P., hunters, not bambi lovers, feed the deer in the winter to stave off starvation. Hunters do more good for wildlife than the Bambi lovers have ever done. Come to Michigan and I'll prove it to you.

Mike

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 07-24-2003, 12:06 PM

Quote:
well, congradulations on your outstanding vocabulary. how cum a smart man like you cuts grass for a living? i "wouldst" go insulting anyone? who said i "walked" upright? (should be, "who said i WALK upright?) . but, who keeping track ? ok, let me clarify me feelings a bit, so u fine, intelligent men can understand. WHERE I LIVE(this is a place where we dont kill 20 people a week by lethal injection, even though they couldnt get a fair trial) there are hardly any woods left. when i was a young man(21) each licensed hunter was allowed one antlered deer each year. you were also allowed to send in a request for a one day doe permit. well, there i was in the tree, and this 6 pointer walked right in front of me, i blast him with a side by side old double barrel i had. he goes down and flops, and flops, for what seemed to be hours, i try to blast him again, but the gun is jammed, and wont fire. how do i feel? i feel like the lowest form of life there is, for doing this to this animal, and now hes suffering and i cant even end him. so my buddy jumps out of his tree and blasts the deer again. the first thing i thought was i wonder if a vetinarian(spelling, im a dummy) would treat this animal if i brought it in. i found no pleasure at all in killing, and was quite ashamed of myself. i gave away both my guns, and my bows. today, there are almost no woods left, yet you are allowed to shoot about 40 deer per man, and are encouraged to take females. what burns me up is that they call it conservation, when whhat they really want, is extinction. do u also club baby seals? man, if stabbing a pig to death gets your rocks off, u should get a real charge out of bashing in a little seals head. hey, i know, why dont u take the whole family? what a nice vacation it would be. what i did on my summer vacation:" dear class, this year, my dad brought us to alaska, we had so much fun. dad gave us each a bat, and we smashed baby seals . it was great" . now why dont u pick on someone else ? for gods sake, i cant even spell, u know i must be a moron

I have one sentence for you bobby, ONE SHOT ONE KILL. That is how I hunt. And I will have to say you have no clue how conservation works. So until you do please refrain from spouting stuff that isn't true.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:49 PM

Quote:
.................not only do u kill female deer, but u do it while they are carrying young. ....................................

You know nothing of what you talk about dude. Hunting season is in the fall, and the rut takes place after hunting season. At least it does where I live.

And while we talk about the unborn young where is the outrage against abortion, the murder of unborn human beings??

Dude you blast hunters but defend fishermen. Its all the same, so stop your hypocritical rantings and go enjoying your fishing and let the hunters enjoy their hunting.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
sure, i saw movies about american history, there was quite an interesting plan when going into battle. walk face first directly into the enemy, take your shot from 15 feet, then charge them with your bayonette. stop talking garbage will ya. they were not marksmen, nor were they very bright. they were able to hunt for survival because there were mass numbers of animals available. now, back to the deer. i would expect the hunter to gather all his information from sources that provide information that is comforting. you will never convince me that decreasing habitat, and higher bag limits will mean more deer. it makes no sense whatsoever, to anyone, hunter or non hunter. mathematically, its very simple,keep taking, and not replenishing, you end up with nothing. very simple. not only do u kill female deer, but u do it while they are carrying young. enough of this dumb conversation. . nothing at all against hunters, but lets tell it like it is. there is no conservation in this practice. 500 yards huh? that is too funny. yea, i guess if i were to write a book about myself and my generation, that i knew people would read in 300 years, id write things like that too, and how i wrestled a bear, and beat up a whole tribe of indians single handedly, i probably wouldnt mention the time i shot myself in the foot while cleaning my gun, or the time i boned the neighbors wife, or drank so much home made booze i puked for 2 days. history, its a fairy tale. lets see, when u tell your children about what you were like in your younger days, you are passing on a bit of history yourself, arent you? what do u tell them? the good things, or the bad? beef it up a bit too i bet. later, and catch me an elephant will ya

HA HA HAA! Your so full of it! Ha ha! This is so stupid I cant even get mad about it, its so idiotic!
Bobby bobby bobby, my dear boy, why dont you take a drink of water, breath deeply, relax, go lay down. Take two aspirin.
Now, according to what you just said, the Americans were not marksmen. Okay. Now it really is time for a history lesson. Back then, there were two very large factions fighting the British, the Regulars, (also called the Continental Army) were the ones that stood in perfect rows, about 30 paces apart, lined up, and blasted each other. You are right, no skill involved. Just see who can take a beating the longest. However, there were other people, called the Minute Men. (You know, Paul Reverie and His ride?) These were basically guerrilla ware fare tacticians. They would snipe at the British troops, and engage huge masses of infantry from great distances with a very small number of men.
Have you ever heard of the Kentucky rifle? Very accurate. You know, every time you post, it just becomes more and more obvious how very little you know. Seriously, go read a history book, it will take you about 2 hours of reading and you will be much smarter for it.

Bobby, when you shoot a deer, there are more deer out there that are having more babies, and during hunting season there are no pregnant deer! Again! You show your absolute lack of intelligence. Go do some actual research on this, its basic biology. I am seriously beginning to believe you when you said that you quite school at age 16.

I am sure some history books are glamorized about our past, who doesnt? But there is more proof about 500 yard shots with iron sights using a blackpowder rifle. Go to a Muzzle Loading Competition, they are all over the place. They have very long range competitions, I have personally competed in a 700 yard match. (I missed, but another man made it within 1/2 inch of the center of the target) This was using unrefined powder, Kentucky rifles made the same way the old ones were, and normal lead balls. Your arguments are null, your logic not sound, and every time you open your mouth, more nonsense and hypocrisy comes out.