Register free!

Old 06-22-2003, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A year and ahalf ago on a sunday evening we were checking stands for a monday hunt. I climbed up to check one out and it came apart and I came down. The doctor stop counting at ten and said it was shatered and my anckel was broken. What the heck life goes on. I have not gone broke yet and still cut trime and blow to make a liveing. I also started a software company because did not like what was out there. Its called Brokeleg software I wonder were the name came from. when people say there is know GOD they need to look at me. Iam know angle but he loos after me.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hear you on the "someone is looking out for you"

Most recently survived Nitrate poisoning. No one should have to go through the pain I went through. Thankfully a doctor, using some kind of scanner, discover the high nitrate levels in me.

First thing he asked me was I eating fertilizer? Said he had never heard of anyone with levels that high who lived.

Liberty: Freedom from the control of others - Webster dictionary 1828

If you think you can do it or you think you can't... either way, you're right!

"The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that the warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse." excerpt from "Tales of Power"
Old 06-22-2003, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, first deer I ever took was with a PSE Nova bow, set at 60 pounds. Now I dont do much deer hunting, when I do I use my .270 Win.
I like to hunt hogs now. I have taken them with a spear, a bow, a rifle, and a handgun. Spear hunting them is the most ticklish. But hunting them with my Ruger Mini-14 is a blast! You have to shoot perfectly, I like to put the bullet into one ear.

Bobbygedd, you are one sad, strange little man. You have my pity. Farewell.

Last edited by Swampbeast; 06-22-2003 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

now, i tried to stay out of it, but, "strange, sad little man?" pitty me? please dont, u are well beneath me, trust me. anyhow, YOU are the one chasing helpless animals around, and then stabbing them to death with a spear. my god. tell me, are you amoung the first generation in your family to walk upright? at least cave men hunted for food, out of neccesity, u hunt for pleasure, and that is barbaric
Old 06-22-2003, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Member

LMAO @ bobby's ignorance. You show me ONE state where they ban hunting in a certain area, and I'll show you people not being able to drive to the store without hitting deer on the road. Or better yet, would you prefer to see them starve themselves to death because of lack of food, or maybe the diseases that would take over a non-controled population would make you happy. Not sure, but I do know you are as sharp as a marble, and also the most immature person I've seen so far on this forum and many others I belong to. You say you won't say anything in this thread, and then you continue, in the same sentence, of how it's murder, oh the poor defenseless animals, yada, yada, yada. I've never looked at your profile, but I'm guessing you're 15. Get a clue.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LeoS818
I use the TC in the trees. Bout 75 yards is the longest shot Ive taken. Used one round. They say beware the shooter that uses a single shot gun, because he proabbly knows how to use it.
I agree, every deer I've taken was also with one shot. However, I'll admit to having taken two shots at a pheasant or duck. But since I use a double barrel for birds, If I miss after two, there free to live another day.

Mike
Old 06-22-2003, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

shut up. yea, uh huh, starving deer huh? it dont get cold enough here for anything to starve, o, just forget it. u like killing? think its "fun?" u need help my brother
Old 06-22-2003, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Cold? Who said anything about cold? The mass numbers of deer is what would kill mass numbers of deer. They would starve themselves out......oh, nevermind....kids these days don't listen, because they already know everything.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Addict

Why would you click back on the post, when you said you were going to just stay out of it? Often makes you wonder.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Forget about starving deer befor it gets to that the heard will be diesease and inbreed. Speeking of inbreed some of these animal rights avocates might be.