Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-20-2000, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Fired the guy stealing my jobs monday morning , told him to give my phone and gas card then adios, he said no problem and left. I didn't even mention why so i guess he knew. Well today i was doing spot weed treatments and went by a customers house and there he is installing flowers! Told him he must be crazy and went to the door to ask the lady why she would hire my guy to do side work(he obviously had this job set up ahead of time), I'm too expensive, I don't own people, she only hired me to cut grass!Gave her an estimate to mulch 1 mth ago she said was too high, guess he got that too!Told her to get him to cut her grass too and i'll send her a final bill tonight. Told him i better not see him on one of my properties again, all i could do not to strangle him. Sucks because that was a 10 min. job at $25/cut and $240 yr for fert+ weed control, approx. 400 sq. ft. But customers that would do that i don't want+@3&@+#~
Old 06-20-2000, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your a better man than most. He would have needed Mow Ed or one of the other EMS people here when I got through with him.
Old 06-20-2000, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Let him take it he will cut his own Throut by bidding so low.
Old 06-20-2000, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You gave away a $240/yr. fert customer because he was planting flowers?<p>Get ahold of yourself, guy.<p>Smile, spray the flowers and move on!
Old 06-20-2000, 09:38 PM

The guy you fired was a crook and you're better off without him. You can bet that if he screws the person (you) that puts beans and cornbread on his table, he will be quicker screw grandma. The when grandma calls you asking you to come back, tell her (with pride) to go pound sand or jack up your contract price. As far as I'm concerned, grandma and your former employee deserve each other. Ok, I'm off my soap box. <p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com
Old 06-20-2000, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I won't miss her much except for the easy mowing and fert money no other work for me to get, wants the cheapest of everything.I've done bids for tree work, sod etc. only got a mulch job off her last year. Is $240/yr. high? Thats my minimum for any size yard? He'll be eating rocks trying to make money working for people like her, so be it.
Old 06-20-2000, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No, it's not high, but for a 400 sq. ft. lawn or even 4000, it's easy money.
Old 06-21-2000, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'd even have trouble working on him but I do have a variety of large bore needles and catheters that can be inserted with great pain into places that make a grown man cry.<p>
Old 06-21-2000, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ouch.<br>No wonder I hate going to the doctor. <br>Todd, You did the right thing,I would have kicked his arse so hard my foot would've <br>touched his heart.<p>Karl<p>
Old 06-21-2000, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

this is a bad situation.<p>I kind of agree that you might not have given up the mowing, but you need to get across to this guy that you believe that your jobs are YOURS and if he wants to go independent that's fine with you.<p>HOWEVER! since your jobs are YOURS, his messing with them is the same as messing with your dog or wife. doing either of which and getting caught makes him responsible for the repurcussions.<p>good luck'<p>GEO