Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-21-2003, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Are ponds the next big thing

Now that I've started my personal LCO, I'm trying to think of a certain part of the industry to make my specialty.

Question- for those of you who are skilled in design and installation, have you found this aspect of the industry profitable and easy to market?
Old 06-21-2003, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what i would suggest is that you gain knowledge in the aquascape field and be able to build a water garden/pond if someone offers one. Build one for yourself and if all goes well and you think you can take it on add that to your list of services.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Definatley look into Aquascape Designs. If you know absolutely nothing about watergardening, they'll change that quickly.

Profitable? Yes! How much depends one you expences.

I've only put in one. I did no advertising, or any promoting. They came to me because they "heard" I knew about them.

The only real experience I had with ponds prior to this one was a Build-a Pond Day and the 'Pond Builders Bible' from Aquascape Designs.

It sounds like you are wanting to do what I'm starting to plan for next season. I would like to get into them this season more, but with mowing, it's not practical right now.

Check out my post '1st pond' a few down.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I'll be swamped with mowing as of the 1st of July. Right now I couldn't be happier with business, it seems like everything's going just right. We're adding a clean-up per week, and most of those are so impressed they've asked for a maintenance contract.

The Aqua-Gardening looks interesting and profitable, with interesting being the key word. Profit's just a given in a scenario where you're doing work you enjoy.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the Aquascape Pond BIBLE!!! Its got everything! its like every alphabet from greek & hebrew to english about how to build and coustomize landscape for the PERFECT biological pond.

http://www.aquascapedesigns.com