Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2003, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

On the bright side, without a company name on the flyer, you don't have to worry too much about getting a bad name for yourself with those flyers.
www.RobsonIndustries.net
Old 06-25-2003, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I stated friend threw it together (I had no say in the content, but chose to use it) and doesn't realy want to edit it. I needed something fast he gave it to me, so I used it.

Ok, You need to ask yourself what kind of businessman am I that has no say in the content of THE main advertising for your business? I have been constantly redoing mine and still don't think it's finished. It's YOUR business so if a friend (although w/ good intentions) wants to really help you this person would be willing to make any changes you need. My suggestion would be to do a search on flyers here and figure out what you really want it to say before giving it to someone to make up. I do really like the eye catching graphics however!
Old 06-25-2003, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Member

uga

I just mentioned to him that I was wanting to get a flyer printed, he is a (graphics designer). He chose without my knowledge to throw it together and sort of surprised me with it. I asked him about the content, and he said he couldn;t think of nothing else. I may ask him to edit it, or just Do one my self. Thanks for all the criticism I believe it is constructive.

It's no longer a dream, it's a reality!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My bad, that makes a lot more sense. Sorry.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Soooo LawnDreamer,,,,

Since those 5 didn't fly too well, what are 5 legitimate reasons why someone should hire you?

How about "I mow better than I spell"?

Before sending out printed material ALWAYS use a GOOD proofreader. Maybe someone who went to school in Indiana instead of Kentucky...
I have lots of K'tucky jokes.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Greenie

You see those Indiana folks just stare over the river like the hebrews, just wishing they could get into the promise land!

I created a new flyer but I can't upload it cause it is a .pub file anyone know a way around that? So that I can post my new one?

It's no longer a dream, it's a reality!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

??? I'm not so sure about the World history books y'all use there, but modern history books now go beyond Exodus...

And the KY ed system is evidenced by creating an ad in MSPublisher (I am guilty of that too though). But then I take it to the printer and they convert it to their format anyway.

Print it and scan it.
Convert to pdf

If no luck-- you can e-mail it to me, I can convert into a pdf and e-mail back to you. And I would promise not to edit/change it first.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

.pub conversions

When you have a .pub document open, click 'file' then 'save as', then save it as a .jpeg or .bmp, that document can then be used elsewhere.
Depending on size of document and/or graphic ability of computer system, it may come out a little fuzzy on the screen.