Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-01-2003, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Member

invoices

For the part timers here how do you do your billing/invoicing? Anyone got a copy of an invoice that they use that they can post?
I do this part time and I have 1 regular customer whose yard I did last Thursday and I have not been paid for. I think I may need to start leaving invoices after I finish my work for customers who are not home when I finish.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

You can get a cash sales receipt book from any office supply store.

Write in something like, Lawn Mowing------------------$25.00
Be sure to put all your basic info., place in envelope and leave it at the door. I use to tell people that I would stop back and pick it up. Hope this helps.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike..E...mike, I went down to the local printing shop and had some invoices printed with my company info at the top. These will work well in your situation. I also keep self addressed envelops in the truck along with scotch tape. When I do a job that requires a bill to be left, I put the bill in the self addressed envelop (don't lick) along with a couple of business cards and I tape it to the glass on the front door. I also use the tape to tape business cards to the door (glass only) when making estimating calls.

When I do monthly billing, I use a computer program for this and make my own invoices.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My father is a programmer, he made a program for me. At the end of every month I simply plug in numbers and bill accordingly.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will try I don't know if this will work.I tryed scaning an excel invoice for you. Is this what you want?
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2003, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Mike... here is what I used. I like the calandar option, I could highlight what day I took care of the cust. yard.

Dave

Well I can't send it.... it's in MS Publisher, and Lawnsite won't let me send that kind of file. Leave your email and I will send you a copy.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use invoices from Nebs. They have a generic invoice you can have them print your company name on or they have a pre-printed lawn maintenance invoice you also can have your company name printed on.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use quickbooks. I just send out an invoice once a month. The program makes it easy.

If you are getting paid in person and they are not home, you can print off a little sheet that says "we missed you..." and leave a space for the date, time, amount, and an address to send a check to.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Member

ive never done invoices before and i have a question. do you let the customer keep the invoice or do you have them mail it back to you?
Old 07-02-2003, 01:21 AM
Suspended

EDITED - ADVERTISING....

COMPANIES CANNOT ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE UNLESS THEY ARE A SPONSOR.
"Oh he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that, the crowd is just on its feet here, uh - He's the Cinderella boy, uh - tears in his eyes I guess as he lines up this last shot, he's got about 195 yards left, he's got about a - its looks like he's got about an eight-iron. This crowd has gone deathly silent, the Cinderella story, outta no where, a former greenskeeper now - about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a miracle - It's in the Hole!"
~ Carl Spackler (Caddy Shack)

Last edited by Sean Adams; 07-06-2003 at 02:52 PM.