Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2003, 06:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Haha great thread some replies are too funny-

that being said i was wondering if anyone had tried anything like these:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?SKU=12943

Says they're moisture wicking and non chaffing... I would think they would be worth a try

-Coop
Old 04-12-2005, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is it ok to bump this?

I've been into cycling and mountain biking for a long time. I never developed the slim build of the cyclists, though. I wear the cycling shorts under regular shorts so the world does not have to see me in tights. No chaffing here.

Otherwise, I can be raw in 4-6 hours of walking around, tops.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo22
i'm am sure most of you know what chaffing is...i cannot figure out what to use..i have tried baby powder, gold bond, starch etc...someone suggest vasoline...i guess i will give it a try...i cut today from 8am to 630pm and i could barely walk by the last yard...for those of you that do not know what i am talking about, chaffing is when the material b tween the tops of your thighs rubs you litterally raw..i have also tried boxers, boxer briefs..i currently wear whitie tighty's..if anyone has any secrets plz share..i know there will be some wise cracks on this one...i can take it, but i seriously hope i get some good input, this stuff hurts like hell...
I recomend Under Armour compression shorts or boxer briefs. They wick the moisture away from your skin and have worked wonders for me, the only underwear I wear anymore! Under Armour Site
Old 04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Every day in the summer I wear river shorts, from eddie bauer or whoever.
Black. No dirt to show, no undies to wash and they expel moisture like...well, they are river shorts! Ask for them and you will never have that problem again, unless you sleep around with the wrong people...
Old 04-12-2005, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My secret is shorts in the summer with no underwear and lots of baby powder. The baby powder only works when you keep applying it every 2-3 hours.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

ok two products to help you out. One would be a product called body glide that is used by triathletes under wetsuits and on parts of the body that rub a lot and the other when it gets bad is panaten cream i believe made in germany and we use for our kids diaper rash. Either of these should help you out.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

couldnt read all the posts, but if you are chaffed, immediate relief comes with desitin!!!!!!!!! And you are running strong next day, all day
Old 04-12-2005, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Best solution bar none

I've had this problem since I was a kid, even when I was skinny, not just mowing, playing golf and everything. I've got probably 20 pair of them and NEVER have "THE PROBLEM" with them on. The answer? Spandex "jammer" swim trunks, other companies like Dolphin etc.. make them too..just search for jammers. I put them on underneath my normal clothing of course. They make walking frictionless, they wick moisture away and are very durable.

You want to pull them up as far as you can, in front, pull them up far enough that you have to choose a direction to "dress," :blush: In back just pull them up as far as is comfortable...farther the better . For gents with an overhanging gut (like myself) the top of the trunks will have extra material for you, so much that you will look like "granpa with his pants up to his chest." They don't really work well like that, they won't stay in place, The way to fix that and make the trunks more comfortable is to tie the string in the waist band and simply roll it down. Keep rolling the extra waist band material down until you get to your waist line..in my case my gut line Usually I can roll the extra material down just below my belt line and there are no issues with my belt/pants being too tight.

Check out www.swimoutlet.com they usually have some sort of "grab bag" no pun intended, special that makes these pretty affordable. Here is a pic of what i'm talking about...

Old 04-12-2005, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lol lol o man! i know what you mean.

I've had some bad "crotch rot" before.

Its especiallly bad when things get reall sweaty down there, and then dry up.

Use gold bond very heavly. :blob3:

# 8
Old 04-12-2005, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

A real man would slap Ben Gay on it and keep mowing.