Register free!

Old 08-04-2003, 04:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Want to build spray setup, where can I get all the parts?

I want to build a nice spray setup but don't want to pay big bucks for all of the parts. What would be an ideal setup for a one ton flatbed and where can I get the parts? I have the truck but would need tanks, pumps, hoses, spray guns, engines, reels, etc. I have tried Rittenhouse and they seem to have everything you would need but I am sure there are others out there. I live in Washington State and would like something close to me but I would definitely ship if need be. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh
Old 08-04-2003, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i wanted to do the same thing but found after all the time it would take to build i bought one. plus the fright to ship all the parts wasent cheep either. how big of a sprayer do u want?
i run lesco sprayers and they work great and if i have a problem they can get me the part i need fast.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I was thinking something like a 325 gallon setup with eletric reel. How many sq ft. would that cover.

Josh
Old 08-04-2003, 02:25 PM

There are some parts your can order here.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:45 PM
Suspended

You sure you want to be spraying?

This does not apply to you, but it may one day.

In New York State

If you are spraying a pesticide from a container larger than 16oz. and that it is pressurized. You have to provide prenotification to periferal properties of the one you are sparying..

Meaning.........

If you spray a home front and back. You have to prenotify no less than I think it is 5 days prior to your spraying, the neighbors to the left and right and the 3 behind the house.

that is for lawn and shrub/tree spraying. No one here has those big spray rigs anymore. Cause this prenotification has been heavily pushed down peoples throats each spring for the last couple years.

Tree sprayers, at least a friend of mine uses prenotification exempt chemicals, they are soaps and oils.

Organics can be sprayed with no prenotification.

If we have this on the books, you bet this silly doo - doo will spread elsewhere. Just like the blower ban.

The moral here is Big spray rigs full of pesticides is no longer.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I guess True Green Chemlawn went out of business in your area then. I don't think that mentality will spread for a long time to come. The laws where you live are just like California's. I think people are waking up to the corrupt laws New York and California are sprewing out daily. If we wanted to live in a communist country we would all move to China. I think at least for the next 40 years I should be able to make some money with one of these setups. But is it better than granular? Any more insight would be appreciated.

Josh
Old 08-04-2003, 05:07 PM

For weed control, pre and post emerge I like liquid. Fungicide and fertilizer is granular. Once in a while I'll use a liquid fungicide.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ProLandscapes
I was thinking something like a 325 gallon setup with eletric reel. How many sq ft. would that cover.

Josh
i spray from a 100gal tank i usually spray 90oz per 1000sq ft
and a tank full last all day. however everyone has a different approach to how much to spray per 1000 sq ft. if u have never used a big tank don't mix up more than u can use in a day.
plus u have 325 gal of liquid sloshing around in a truck hope it is a big truck.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a 3/4 ton Chevy with 1 ton springs, rubber overloads and load range E tires. Is that going to be enough for the weight or should I buy a bigger truck/downsize the spray rig? PJ, how many lawns do you do in a day. We have 132 people on our fertilizing program.

Josh
Old 08-04-2003, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

with water and the sprayer weight be close to 3000lb.
i spray 10-15 lawns a day