Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-05-2003, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Busted!!!!

Don't be shy now, how many of you have been busted for not haveing a Herb/Pest/Fert licence or know somebody who has been busted....

and is it easy to get busted?
www.HometownLawnCare.com
HometownLawnCare@softhome.net
978-447-1752
Old 08-05-2003, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Never have been busted, nor do I know of anyone that has. All my intelligent friends wouldn't consider spraying/spreading without benefit of license and insurance. I'm sure you wouldn't either so why worry about how often people get busted?
Old 08-05-2003, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Turf Medic
Never have been busted, nor do I know of anyone that has. All my intelligent friends wouldn't consider spraying/spreading without benefit of license and insurance. I'm sure you wouldn't either so why worry about how often people get busted?
I just like hearing stories.. Im not worried, im allset. Just seeing if anybody has and what happend.
www.HometownLawnCare.com
978-447-1752
Old 08-05-2003, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Never have. but i am licenced anyway. IL dosent have t he money to send people out to check. i have talked to a guy doing it almost 20 years he said he only heard about it a few times. thank you land of lincoln

alex
Old 08-06-2003, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

my friend has a large lawn - pasture renovating business and no license? not caught yet
Old 08-06-2003, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i know a guy that was checked a few months ago he got a warning, I invited him to a spray class and he said he didnt have time for it so he bought a large garbage can to hide his sprayer in. Ill let you know when he gets a fine
Old 08-06-2003, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You say you're "all set." Define "all set."
I didn't see your charter number on your website, but you do offer a fert program, with weed and pest control. There are people on this site who have said they turn people in. You are about to find out how easy it is to get busted.
Please post a pic of your truck, with the charter # on it, so these people won't be wasting your time, as you are of course, all set.
Crawdad
Old 08-06-2003, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crawdad
You say you're "all set." Define "all set."
I didn't see your charter number on your website, but you do offer a fert program, with weed and pest control. There are people on this site who have said they turn people in. You are about to find out how easy it is to get busted.
Please post a pic of your truck, with the charter # on it, so these people won't be wasting your time, as you are of course, all set.
Crawdad
What are you talking about "you are about to find out" ???? and who said you needed your charter number on your website??? because im positive you don't
www.HometownLawnCare.com
978-447-1752

Last edited by Hometown Lawn Care; 08-06-2003 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

busted? no, never. inspected? yes. around here they do "routine" inspections. they make an apointment with you, come by, look at your truck for proper lettering, etc, check some of your records, and so on. the worst i got was a warning for" failing to provide proper notification" . u need to send a letter to clients providing the date (within a two week window) that the application will take place, and also the safety data material for the product u will be applying. i do however know guys (or i suspect) they have been doin it 20+ yrs with no permit.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

All set means....

Massachusetts Pesticide Bureau has no record of Hometown Lawn Care or Paul Rocco having a Pesticide applicators license or having ever taken the exam for the pesticide exam.

Getting certifed is important to me because its yahoos running around telling customers that they are licensed and "specialize in four-step fertilization" (that's what your website says right?) -- then they mess up and make all the rest of us live by more restrictions and rules and higher fees.

I'm all for you learning how to apply pesticides and getting in the business -- but it takes time. You have to study, research and learn. It takes time -- do it right -- you'll be happier ten years from now.

Kansas City Lawn Care and Landscaping

Kansas City Lawn Care and Landscaping Blog