Register free!

Old 08-06-2003, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yikes, hometown, i think u were just busted. hang down your head in shame.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hometown Lawn Care
What are you talking about "you are about to find out" ???? and who said you needed your charter number on your website??? because im positive you don't
So what is your license number?

P.S. Why don't you add some of your properties to the pictures section of your website? You say "clients" when in fact, all the pictures are of the same property cut with a 21" mower. My bet is the house pictured is your parents'.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

cmon now, go easy on the guy, he just got popped tellin a fib, not to mention applying without a license.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamons
All set means....

Massachusetts Pesticide Bureau has no record of Hometown Lawn Care or Paul Rocco having a Pesticide applicators license or having ever taken the exam for the pesticide exam.

Getting certifed is important to me because its yahoos running around telling customers that they are licensed and "specialize in four-step fertilization" (that's what your website says right?) -- then they mess up and make all the rest of us live by more restrictions and rules and higher fees.

I'm all for you learning how to apply pesticides and getting in the business -- but it takes time. You have to study, research and learn. It takes time -- do it right -- you'll be happier ten years from now.
well im 17 years old, im going to have to get certified now i guess... what do I do now? this ladies calling me now asking for a inspection, is this going to be a problem for me? man i didnt know that it could ever happen like this, im not too smart....sorry for lieing....I should have knew better, but thanks your right its smart to be licenced.... but ive been doing this for my family and ive been doing it for a year and I didnt think it was a big deal.... this is my 1st year in bussiness and i have many more years to go (i hope...) and this is just a lesson learned, don't hold anything against me....i'll just smarten my --- up.... BUT MAN DO I FEEL DUMB!!! Hammon fill me in on info so I can get registerd or whatever, thanks
www.HometownLawnCare.com
HometownLawnCare@softhome.net
978-447-1752

Last edited by Hometown Lawn Care; 08-06-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

did that guy really rat u out? i thought he was only joking. advice, get everything u have, chemicals, spreader, tank, whatever off of your property. deny, deny, deny, and u best make sure your mommy or daddy is there when the lady comes, good luck, and get the license, learn what u r doing before u hurt someone
Old 08-06-2003, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, My name is Paul Rocco and im busted for not having proper licencing. Nicee... now i got to fill out my own post....

I can see it now...... but seriously.... Sorry im not one too lie but this one just nipped me when I was down....

www.HometownLawnCare.com
978-447-1752

Last edited by Hometown Lawn Care; 08-06-2003 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbygedd
did that guy really rat u out? i thought he was only joking. advice, get everything u have, chemicals, spreader, tank, whatever off of your property. deny, deny, deny, and u best make sure your mommy or daddy is there when the lady comes, good luck, and get the license, learn what u r doing before u hurt someone
If that guy ratted him out...that's B.S.

I almost agree with Bobby for once...get everything out of your house and plead ignoreance. Just state you were unaware. My bet is they let you off with a warning. Also, get that reference to 4-step off your website! Whoever ratted you out (spineless -------) probably tipped them off to your website advertising. If so, the Ag department probably has their proof.

As for your license...I you need to be 18 to get your license in MA.

P.S. You found lawnsite....now I bet you can find the Massachussetts Department of Agriculture website and get the pesticide licensing information. Hint...type "massachussetts pesticide" in google.

Last edited by Scraper; 08-06-2003 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

im not gunna touch a thing, im just luckey i havent done any fert/herb/pest jobs yet... i dont wanna make it look obvious, i'll just tell them i'll take it off and they can inpect my site if they want after i tell them that and do it...i just dont knowwhat hammons told them so i dont wanna screw myself im just gunna put my hands up and say sorry and accept my punishment, weather it be a warning or not....
www.HometownLawnCare.com
978-447-1752
Old 08-06-2003, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hometown Lawn Care
im not gunna touch a thing, im just luckey i havent done any fert/herb/pest jobs yet...
If that is the case, then I wouldn't sweat it too much and be glad you found out before you did applications. I believe if Hamons did rat you out that this should be grounds for suspension from Lawnsite. Like you are even a threat to him in whatever bumf&*k town he is from. What a prick. That'll teach you about disclosing too much information about yourself on the internet. Some people's lives are just so bad they have to try and make other's worse.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamons
All set means....

Massachusetts Pesticide Bureau has no record of Hometown Lawn Care or Paul Rocco having a Pesticide applicators license or having ever taken the exam for the pesticide exam.
LMAO Hamons........

You web site seems to be lacking and is wider than a 17" screen.

The lawn pics; the lawn might look good, but the blue house does not seem attractive if I was a client. Loose the truck pics.

The site is not easy to read or navigate through. Text is small.

I'm sorry for the harsh crituqe of your site, but it's not fun to browse on. I did not stay long cause of it, customers will stay even less.