Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-06-2003, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamons
All set means....

Massachusetts Pesticide Bureau has no record of Hometown Lawn Care or Paul Rocco having a Pesticide applicators license or having ever taken the exam for the pesticide exam.

Getting certifed is important to me because its yahoos running around telling customers that they are licensed and "specialize in four-step fertilization" (that's what your website says right?) -- then they mess up and make all the rest of us live by more restrictions and rules and higher fees.

I'm all for you learning how to apply pesticides and getting in the business -- but it takes time. You have to study, research and learn. It takes time -- do it right -- you'll be happier ten years from now.
One down, thousands more to go! Good work:blob4:
Old 08-06-2003, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hometown Lawn Care
What are you talking about "you are about to find out" ???? and who said you needed your charter number on your website??? because im positive you don't
I couldn't resist coming back to this thread, to see what happened today...Sometimes I hate it when I'm right.
See what I mean?
You don't need your charter #on your website, but you need a charter # on your truck.
Now, you can answer the question, "How easy is it to get busted?" Let us know the price you are assessed for your airing your own dirty laundry on the internet. I was just pointing out the fact that there are people here who have bragged about turning people in, and you were an easy mark for them. Advertising an illegal service. Shame on you.

Crawdad
Old 08-06-2003, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by crawdad
You don't need your charter #on your website, but you need a charter # on your truck.
You sure about that? I know TN you need it on your truck, not sure abour Mass.

In MO you don't need it anywhere but on the posting left on the door if the lable says to post.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

In Ohio you don't need to have your pesticide license number on your truck. I'm sure the rules vary from state to state. The bottom line is if you say you are licensed make sure you can back it up.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't rat you out -- all I did was call to verify information that you had given me.

I tried to start a private information dialog with you off lawansite -- but had not gottena res

If you had asked questions and answered them honestly people would have been more than willing to give you all the help you needed.

If you haven't actually applied any pesticides or have any customers -- I doubt that you will be fined? I never gave them your website or phone number -- I simply called their information hotline and asked if Hometown Lawn Care was a registered pesticide applicator.

Had you said I am trying to learn about applying pesticides -- then great -- people would have lined up to help you out ---

but you said ----- "I just like hearing stories.. I'm not worried, I'm all set. Just seeing if anybody has and what happened"

I guess if that's BS -- then so it is.

As far as suspension from Lawnsite --- I missed the posting guideline that prohibits promoting legal and ethical practices.

I sincerely hope that no ill will comes to you Hometown -- and instead I hope that this is simply a lesson that makes you a better business man in the future.

Kansas City Lawn Care and Landscaping

Kansas City Lawn Care and Landscaping Blog
Old 08-06-2003, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamons
I didn't rat you out -- all I did was call to verify information that you had given me.

I tried to start a private information dialog with you off lawansite -- but had not gottena res

If you had asked questions and answered them honestly people would have been more than willing to give you all the help you needed.

If you haven't actually applied any pesticides or have any customers -- I doubt that you will be fined? I never gave them your website or phone number -- I simply called their information hotline and asked if Hometown Lawn Care was a registered pesticide applicator.

Had you said I am trying to learn about applying pesticides -- then great -- people would have lined up to help you out ---

but you said ----- "I just like hearing stories.. I'm not worried, I'm all set. Just seeing if anybody has and what happened"

I guess if that's BS -- then so it is.

As far as suspension from Lawnsite --- I missed the posting guideline that prohibits promoting legal and ethical practices.

I sincerely hope that no ill will comes to you Hometown -- and instead I hope that this is simply a lesson that makes you a better business man in the future.
I compleatly agree.... but I will see what happens, We all make mistakes and we all lie, I just planned my lies and mistakes at the worst possible time, no hard feelings but i really wish you didnt call.
www.HometownLawnCare.com
HometownLawnCare@softhome.net
978-447-1752
Old 08-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Suspended

Hamons

You edited your profile?

You did have a location earlier......................
Old 08-06-2003, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

he doesnt want me showing up at his house....

JUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTT KIDDDDDINNGGG, omg im in enought trouble, I have to just shut-up ahahaha

p.s I took off my "illigal services" from the website so i don't get in more bad stuff...
www.HometownLawnCare.com
978-447-1752

Last edited by Hometown Lawn Care; 08-06-2003 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hometown Lawn Care
he doesnt want me showing up at his house....

JUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTT KIDDDDDINNGGG, omg im in enought trouble, I have to just shut-up ahahaha

p.s I took off my "illigal services" from the site, so I don't get in more trouble...
i'll be 18 in a few months I was planning on doing it anyways I guess I just couldnt wait, plus the only illigal service I offerd was Scotts 4-Step Program, which is Idi*ot proof, I mean my 12 year old sister who go's to punk rocks shows and knows nothing about lawns does my dads yard with it and his lawn looks great, its not like I was spraying non-selective herbisides all over Rhoderdendrums, ahahaha and extermingating large colonys of Sod Webworms....

just a simple 4 step program....

but i guess it is illigal....so i'll just wait untill i get certified...

but once again sorry for lieing.... ( and i havent got busted yet, just got a call from a ladie)
www.HometownLawnCare.com
978-447-1752
Old 08-06-2003, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I might weigh in on this one too....

Hometown, how can I say this, to us (well me anyway) there is more to lawn treatments than just some fert and some weed and feed. We identify each weed, each disease, and each lawn, soil testing each one, and making applications when needed of the products needed. I have been to school for a lot of years and worked in the industry, and i still don't know very much about all that is out there. Each client I get is a new challenge.

There is no doubt that with the right attitude and ethic you can do well, and that is how you KEEP clients in the long run. All of us here are here to help and will, provided that our time is well spent, because none of us has enough time in each day.

How do you learn? Go out there and do it, just like you are getting ready to do. However, make sure you have your license, businesses tax id, incorporation, insurance, etc., before you go out and spray, because there will come a time for sure that someone will put your feet to the fire, and when they do, it is too late to get your ducks in a row.

Best Luck,

EG