Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-06-2003, 10:39 PM
ProLandscapes ProLandscapes is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WA STATE
Posts: 185
I just want to add you should remove the part on your website that says you will give people the cheapest price on lawn care. You are heading towards a long miserable life as a scrub. My advice to you would be to learn as much as you can about the business and then try to sell yourself to a customer. If you don't become educated about most basic aspects of landscape maintenance you are going to have allot of pissed off customers.

Josh
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Hometown Lawn Care's Avatar
Hometown Lawn Care Hometown Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wilmington Massachusetts
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally posted by Enviro Green
Thought I might weigh in on this one too....

Hometown, how can I say this, to us (well me anyway) there is more to lawn treatments than just some fert and some weed and feed. We identify each weed, each disease, and each lawn, soil testing each one, and making applications when needed of the products needed. I have been to school for a lot of years and worked in the industry, and i still don't know very much about all that is out there. Each client I get is a new challenge.

There is no doubt that with the right attitude and ethic you can do well, and that is how you KEEP clients in the long run. All of us here are here to help and will, provided that our time is well spent, because none of us has enough time in each day.

How do you learn? Go out there and do it, just like you are getting ready to do. However, make sure you have your license, businesses tax id, incorporation, insurance, etc., before you go out and spray, because there will come a time for sure that someone will put your feet to the fire, and when they do, it is too late to get your ducks in a row.

Best Luck,

EG
THATS THE POSTIVE FEEDBACK I LIKE TO HEAR.......

Thanks man....
__________________
Paul Rocco
Manager
Hometown Lawn Care
www.HometownLawnCare.com
HometownLawnCare@softhome.net
978-447-1752
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Davis TLC Davis TLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Middle Tennessee, Walking Horse Capital of the World
Posts: 420
Quote:
You don't need your charter #on your website, but you need a charter # on your truck.
Actually, any form of advertising you do for applying pesticides in the state of Tennessee must have your charter number listed. So if you list any type of weed, insect or disease control on your website, you must list your charter number, in the state of Tennessee. If you run an ad in the local paper you have to list your charter number, a number of guys got busted locally this year for advertising spraying without a license. I had a long conversation with the nice lady at the Tennesse Department of Agriculture Pesticide Division last spring on this very subject, listing your charter in advertisements, and a website is considered as advertisement. If you are not sure about licensing requirements find out who to contact in your state to get the right information, you could save yourself a lot of aggravation and money later.
__________________
Rich
Davis Total Lawn Care
TDA 1543
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Hometown Lawn Care's Avatar
Hometown Lawn Care Hometown Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wilmington Massachusetts
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally posted by ProLandscapes
I just want to add you should remove the part on your website that says you will give people the cheapest price on lawn care. You are heading towards a long miserable life as a scrub. My advice to you would be to learn as much as you can about the business and then try to sell yourself to a customer. If you don't become educated about most basic aspects of landscape maintenance you are going to have allot of pissed off customers.

Josh
Positive feedback is good on this negitive day, thanks guys....
__________________
Paul Rocco
Manager
Hometown Lawn Care
www.HometownLawnCare.com
HometownLawnCare@softhome.net
978-447-1752
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Hometown Lawn Care's Avatar
Hometown Lawn Care Hometown Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wilmington Massachusetts
Posts: 147
AND TOO YOU WHO ARE LIKE ME AND THINK THEY CAN BEAT THE SYSTEM!!! THINK AGAIN!!! BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOUR EVERY MOVE!... I learned the hard way unfortunatly
__________________
Paul Rocco
Manager
Hometown Lawn Care
www.HometownLawnCare.com
HometownLawnCare@softhome.net
978-447-1752
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-06-2003, 11:42 PM
GeorgiaGrassMan GeorgiaGrassMan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 147
Not sure if Big Brother is watching or not - but - huh - Hamon is.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-07-2003, 12:49 AM
bobbygedd bobbygedd is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,188
see why i never give out personal information. as much as i like all of u clowns, i cant trust even one of you! and hammons, u did rat him out. i think u r bright enough to know your phone call would have resulted in an inspection, we all knew the kid was lying. on a brighter side, u may have saved him, or someone else from becoming sick, or getting killed by improper use. there was this guy, he was treating the inside of a resturaunt at night, while it was closed. he left his helper there to finish the spraying, while he ran out for a minute. the helper being untrained, sprayed the area he was supposed to, but continued along until he reached the air conditioning vents, and sprayed them too, the next day when they turned the system on, everyone in the resturaunt became very sick. anything can happen. i used to think it was all a bunch of nonsense getting this license and everything, but ive come to realize u need it, obviously to abide by the law, and u also learn a great deal from the classes, and its a great selling point. good luck, and remember, deny,deny, deny. in fact, if they come over and find anything, just say u were holding it for hammons, he dropped it off at your house.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Hometown Lawn Care's Avatar
Hometown Lawn Care Hometown Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wilmington Massachusetts
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally posted by bobbygedd
see why i never give out personal information. as much as i like all of u clowns, i cant trust even one of you! and hammons, u did rat him out. i think u r bright enough to know your phone call would have resulted in an inspection, we all knew the kid was lying. on a brighter side, u may have saved him, or someone else from becoming sick, or getting killed by improper use. there was this guy, he was treating the inside of a resturaunt at night, while it was closed. he left his helper there to finish the spraying, while he ran out for a minute. the helper being untrained, sprayed the area he was supposed to, but continued along until he reached the air conditioning vents, and sprayed them too, the next day when they turned the system on, everyone in the resturaunt became very sick. anything can happen. i used to think it was all a bunch of nonsense getting this license and everything, but ive come to realize u need it, obviously to abide by the law, and u also learn a great deal from the classes, and its a great selling point. good luck, and remember, deny,deny, deny. in fact, if they come over and find anything, just say u were holding it for hammons, he dropped it off at your house.
ahaha yeah, but don't let the actions of a few (meaning me, lol) spoil your trust, but yes It is safer to be licenced, but I dont touch sprayers, only spreaders.... and what I do spread isnt commercial grade stuff, just the off the shelf scotts products everybody knows how to use....or at least the people in thier right minds know how to use....and I think im in my right mind....

(or am I...lol)


But the law is law, I could have been a ---- and continued with this lie, but I took it like a man and hoped you all didn't judge me on this infraction, and those who did, thats fine. This is only one of many lessons I will learn in life, and only being 17 I will have many more to go im sure...

BUT DANG WHY SO CLOSE TO MY 18th BIRTHDAY WHEN I WAS GOING TO GET CERTIFIED ANYWAYS!!!

ha...
__________________
Paul Rocco
Manager
Hometown Lawn Care
www.HometownLawnCare.com
HometownLawnCare@softhome.net
978-447-1752

Last edited by Hometown Lawn Care; 08-07-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-07-2003, 01:10 AM
bobbygedd bobbygedd is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,188
"you took it like a man", well, your gonna take it somwhere else if they send your skinny little butt to prison. how many times are u gonna lie? first u said u never applied, now u r saying u have, but only the " over the counter " stuff, with a spreader. pesticide is pesticide, get your story straight and stick to it. do u know what happens in nj? you either confess, and pay $800, or u lie, and if they catch u, its $3000 per application, times the amount of days it took them to convict you. boy they may send u to alcatraz for that. if they do, let me know, i have a few friends there, ill put in a good word 4 ya.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-07-2003, 01:13 AM
Hometown Lawn Care's Avatar
Hometown Lawn Care Hometown Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wilmington Massachusetts
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally posted by bobbygedd
"you took it like a man", well, your gonna take it somwhere else if they send your skinny little butt to prison. how many times are u gonna lie? first u said u never applied, now u r saying u have, but only the " over the counter " stuff, with a spreader. pesticide is pesticide, get your story straight and stick to it. do u know what happens in nj? you either confess, and pay $800, or u lie, and if they catch u, its $3000 per application, times the amount of days it took them to convict you. boy they may send u to alcatraz for that. if they do, let me know, i have a few friends there, ill put in a good word 4 ya.

hahaha ok well my bad, I advertised (past tence) the 4 step, I do however apply it to my house, Like have have said many time this is my 1st year in service, i havent got any calls from "real customers" asking for any type of herb/fert/pest treatment, sorry if there was confusion.....no more lies for me thank you very much...
__________________
Paul Rocco
Manager
Hometown Lawn Care
www.HometownLawnCare.com
HometownLawnCare@softhome.net
978-447-1752
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.11262 seconds with 7 queries