Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-12-2003, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bagger fitment question

Last year I purchased a bagger for my eXmark Lazer 60" deck. I have recently added a Hustler walkbehind (54"cut) to my setup and was wondering if there is an adapter or anything of this type offered to make this bagger fit the Hustler also. Thank You
2002 Exmark EPS 60"
Shindaiwa, Redmax and Stihl 2-cycle equipment
Old 08-12-2003, 09:40 PM
Sponsor

If you have access to a small mig welder you may be able to do a conversion. The main obstacle to fitting the Accelerator onto the hustler 54 inch mower is that the rim you hook the catcher on when using an Accelerator on an Exmark deck is set back about 1/2 inch from the edge of the deck on the Hustler. There is also a slight curvature at the back of the opening, whereas on the Exmark the opening is flat. What I would suggest is welding a 1 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch piece of flat steel to the edge of the mower to provide a place for the hook to seat over. After you have welded the flatstock to the edge of the mower, drill a 5/8 hole at the front of the welded piece and attach the catcher just like you do on the Exmark. at this point, you will probably have a bit of a gap at the rear of the opening (due to the deck curvature). use a small piece of steel welded to the mower deck to close it off. The other issue you might have is that the hook from the catcher may hit the metal piece behind the one you have welded on. You may need to cut a slot at the appropriate place to prevent this (it may be a good idea to do this first). We do have a catcher made for this mower if you are interested in a new one. Give me a call if you need some more details or tips.

Peter Andonian
Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 08-14-2003, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. I know someone that welds so I will have them take a look at it before leaf season. This will probably be my most economical option.
2002 Exmark EPS 60"
Shindaiwa, Redmax and Stihl 2-cycle equipment