Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-03-2000, 10:31 PM

Bush came across as a viscous goof. Attacking Gore personally. Gore has soooo much more experience. Gore has soo much more grasp of the facts and numbers. Gore a winner by a landslide in the debate
Old 10-03-2000, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry Charlie. I have to disagree with you on this one. As many of you know, I won't be voting for EITHER but - Gore lost this by a country mile.

That's all I'll say about it but it will be interesting to see what the others say.
Old 10-03-2000, 10:45 PM

Ed, you don't like Gore because he a tree hugger lol. Think I don't know something about u by now?
Old 10-03-2000, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Disagree

I think Gore was on the personal attacks. He spent 75% of his speaking time discussing what Bush plans on doing and not what he plans on doing. I really like Bush's ideas on Social Security as well.
Old 10-04-2000, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I turned it off after an hour.

the moderator failed to control either of them which is a P-Poor way to run a debate.

gore kept refering to individual persons by name that he has been using to prepare for the debates. RUSH will be livid today on the "I told you so's!"

GEO
Old 10-04-2000, 08:35 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Yes that POOR women from Iowa who lives on SS and a great UAW pension who has to pickup alum cans to pay for script drugs arrived in Boston in a MOTORHOME.

After Jan. 20 algore will be able to join her on her cross country can collecting adventures.
Old 10-04-2000, 08:51 AM

While I will be casting my vote to Bush, I don't believe that either Gore or Bush scored a knockout. The media has always hyped Gore's debating skills and that Bush would not be able to hold his ground with Gore. I think GW did a good job, all things considered.

Old 10-04-2000, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stone's right. Gore's <u>prep team</U> thought the American people needed to see him relate one-on-one when necessary to the average person. He came off looking like a goof...an <u>automaton</U> pivoted only at the hip. As he huffed and puffed behind the scenes I felt a sort of compassion ... sympathy for America as there is a good chance this baffoon would be elected.

Bush had his compassion mojo in third gear too. In fact, we have no evidence that ANY of the hard luck cases embellished by <U> either candidate</U> were actually IN the audience that night. At least his image team trained him to get rid of that <U>dufus grin</U>. He's not yet polished to a gloss; they need to work on his retort skills...

Besides, the polls aren't in yet.

[Edited by turfquip dot com when deemed necessary]
Old 10-04-2000, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought it was a toss up. Both candidates looked foolish at times and both had strong points as well. Gore seemed better prepared, but his body language needs to be toned down, he shook his head non stop, and interupted everyone. If Gore didnt recite his details, I would have thought I could do better.

Jim Lehrer needed Conan the barbarian to moderate.

The aluminum lady must be onto something, a motorhome and no health care. PRIORITIES LADY! I may start collecting cans, seems lucrative.
Old 10-04-2000, 07:48 PM

I am not thrilled with either man either. I don't like leiberman. Cheney is a big oil man and paid 20000000$$ by them. I am a moderate. I go down the middle on everything. Bush and cheney keep talking about cutting money for the state parks. Selling park land. Drilling in pristine areas for oil. Developing coal. An old poluting energy source. I know we all want clean water and air. Nothing more sickening than seeing a seal covered with oil after a spill. We do need to pay down the national debt wich gets bigger every day.
We need to keep guns away from kids and the mentally ill and convicted felon.
I do think Al goes to the other extreme.
What we need is a middle man. No one in site though