Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 08-07-2003, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Balancer shipping time.

Hello,
Just wondering when the Mag 1000 balancer I ordered may be shipped. It was ordered July 1st. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:43 PM
Sponsor

Mack,

You emailed me about this already, and i gave you the ship date. Your balancer was shipped Tuesday, you should recieve it very soon.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 08-08-2003, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Balancer received!

Gerd,
Yes, UPS delivered the balancer this morning and I already have it mounted. I did a couple of initial checks, if anyone is interested.
First, I checked some used blades that I had resharpened and balanced using the "hanging chad" method. Just a 1/8" brass peg protruding from my grinder stand. Well, 3 blades that checked perfectly by this method were nowhere close with the Magna-Matic. It is much more sensitive. I was able to easily bring the blades into balance in just a few minutes with the Mag 1000. I'm sure I'll get more proficient with a little practice.
Also, I checked two new blades I had recently purchased for my personal MTD 42" rider. One of these blades was in perfect balance. The other was NOT. Just a little grinding off of one end put the other one in balance also.
All in all, I think this tool will be a great addition to my shop, and help me provide a better service to my customers, which is what it's all about anyway.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Mack Johnson