Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2000, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Greetings from the true deep south MISSISSIPPI. I'm a 17 year old redhead with fair skin pushing a lawn mower during the normal 95 degree 100% humidity. Yes i know, thank you for the sympathy sighs. I'm planning on going commercial with all the equipment next year so i'm doing research, but i think seeing as i do real manual labor every day i decided to try and share some insight on this topic i know all too well. My concoction is of course some water as a foundation. Next i add a 1/4 cup of sugar. And finally a bit of lemon juice to take off the edge. Yes i know, disgusting and unhealthy. But when you need a quick fix when you think you're about to die... its perfect. Just think of it as a &quot;SUPER LEMONADE&quot; southern style. Take it easy guys, and happy mowing.<p>P.S. any suggestions, hints, etc. on new business please contact me! Stealth_23@hotmail.com
Old 06-26-2000, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using Sqwincher (www.sqwincher.com) this season instead of Gatoraid. It costs less and is much better tasting. If you call them, they will send out out samples. I prefer their Lemon-lime and Tropical Cooler flavors, and the Cherry isn't bad either.<p>Water is good and satisfying, but you need more than plain water when the sweat is constantly pouring off of you.