Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-07-2003, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Member

ncservice,
I have a pump and motor for each wheel. I also noticed there appears to be a leak on the right motor. It is not very bad but there is build up of the oil, dirt and grass. the left motor is clean as a whistle. The dump valves are tight. I bought the mower used so I am sure there will not be any warranty to hope for. I am going to look into the leak on the right side. I think that is where the problem is. The hydro fuild and filter where changed out about 20 hours ago. When I bought the machine I did not think to look at the motors, everthing else looked great. I was aware of the pulling problem too. I just figured it could be an adjustment. Live and learn. I will figure it out. Thanks for all the help. Any ideas on a good place to get a new motor. I guess it could just be a seal that is leaking and causing low pressure??
Old 09-07-2003, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I looked at the cub tank but changed my mind when the demo was sucking air, I asked about it and they said it happens a lot that may be your problem.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

indiananamower, there is an adjustment on the lever to keep them even.
Any idea how to purge the hydro system after changing the oil? I am having some problems and it appears that air is causing them.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

indianamower have your dealer do a flow test on the hydro pump it would be worth your time and money, they will measure your hydrolic droop at two different pressures subtract the two droop readings and if it is with in a set parameter you have a good pump.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

silly question, have you checked the dampeners? a bad dampener will make a unit do some weird stuff. before you start replaceing items (pumps) have the dealer run a FLOW TEST on the hydros. This test takes about an hour (to do right) but it will tell you if you indeed have a pump/wheel motor problem
Old 09-17-2003, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

I will be checking into having the test ran. I am learning to deal with the problem but it would be great if I did not have to keep correcting the thing. I will be calling my dealer in the next few days. Thanks for all the input.
redbull, I am not sure what a dampener is. I am not real hydrolic savy.

I noticed the other day when I was mowing if I pull to make a tight right hand turn the right tire is not as quick to respond as the left is if I want to make the same turn going left?? Still wondering if it is just an adjustment that needs to be made. The hydrolic test seems like a good thing to have done. Thanks again!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by indianamower
I am not sure what a dampener is.
A damper is like a little shock absorber. It pushes the steering levers back into the neutral position.

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!
Old 09-19-2003, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bob
A damper is like a little shock absorber. It pushes the steering levers back into the neutral position.

You had the first part right, it does not center the steering lever though. usually thats done by a couple springs. the absorber dampens your input so that the controls arent sensitive or jerky.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I stand corrected!

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!