Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2006, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have been in Az longer now than I was in Indiana. I grew up in Sweetser, cut my mowing teeth there, then went to Indy after graduation worked the summer there for Ryan lawn care. Doubt he is still in the biz that was 1980 had a big operation, all commercial. When the season ended I still needed a paycheck so I went west. I have an old girlfriend that has a biz in the Sweetser, Marion, Swayzee area. Last I heard maybe 5-7 years ago. I have a guy here that works with me from Elkhart. He is a personal gardener, dose'nt mow just prunes shrubs, plants flowers, and gabs with the old ladies. He also looks for the shady spots in the summer. Love Indiana, great work ethic. I have always talked about going back to recruit. You fellas stay warm and in a few short weeks you can start making $$$ again. Would'nt mind having an Indiana priced House.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Boiler Up!

Hello fellow Indiana folks!

I'm doing a start-up in the north suburbs of Indy. It has been a lot of fun getting everything set up. I merely set up as a corporation through the state. It costs $90. I had a lawyer buddy look over my forms before I sent them in.

I would definitely like to sit down with a veteran over lunch or something and learn any tricks or anything. I'm sure that the veteran will offer a lot more services then I do so I would think it benefit them if my clients would need additional things.

God bless!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

are any of you guys from the indy area (westside) looking for an applicator this year or needing work subed out? i have my RT. i have been doing 3a, 3b, 5, 6, and 7a work for the past 3 years w/ my current employer, i am stuck in a small company with no where to go and i have a family that depends on me. pm me or (317) 966-9850 thanks terry
Old 03-18-2006, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Cory w/True North in Indy... We're coming into our 6th year grounds maintenance/install, 8th season in Nursery Sales. We're on the east side, I-70/Emerson, about 8 minutes from downtown. Lousy year for snow but lots of ice melt down. Looks like we may be getting one last shot of snow this Monday PM/Tuesday, a heads up for anyone who's into that...
We've got a pretty good network of subcontractors, but I'm always looking for the right people & connections. If any of you are interested, I could always use more snow/ice melt subs. We look after zero tolerance only properties, pay on the high end per man hour, & provide all ice melt. Keep us in mind for the coming season. Also, we wholesale to several area landscapers off our yard, usually can beat the big nursery prices. Office # is 418-7760, or e-mail at truenorthlandscaping@yahoo, also visit our website if you're interested. Finally, looking for a SOLID individual w/drivers license that we can either use in maintenance, install, or a mix of both, depending upon the person. MUST have good driving record, positive attitude, & show up on time. I know, that's what everyone's looking for in their employees... We've been fortunate & had several good ones over the years & currently. Anyways, I'd rather hire through networking & word of mouth, but we're going to advertise in the paper very soon if we can't find somebody...
So, to summarize: Hello, Subcontractors/Snow Subs, Nursery Sales, Employee(s). Oh yeah, Lawnsite has been an invaluable source of info. for me. Later!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Indianapolis / Greenwood area here.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey hovey I am over by the Mall, where are you?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

LOL, cool! I am at stop 11 and bluff rd area by morgantown rd. Just west of railroad rd in Hunters Run.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cool man, I just put out a bunch of flyers out there, well at southport and bluff. I will stay more in greenwood probably. I might have given you a flyer yesterday. I did not realize how many just nice houses there are out there.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

yes there are a few nice divisions over here. Like Killarney Hill. I have a few at southport and bluff as well. I dont mind a flyer at my place, usually too tired to mess with mine anyway lol.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am Kings Mowing Service, flag me down sometime and Ill buy ya a beer or coffee or something.