Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-05-2007, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

wed, thur, fri
Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, I'll actually be at Purdue for class during the expo!
Have fun though!

1990 Red F-150 4x4
1990 Red F-450 Dump
1997 Red 20' Gooseneck #12000

Landscape Architecture, PURDUE UNIVERSITY
Old 01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone from indiana

anyone from kokomo indiana area
Old 01-10-2007, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Indiana Loc's

Who all here is from indiana, And what part of indiana are you from
Old 01-14-2007, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeca View Post
wed, thur, fri
Don't know what you thought but, that was the worst CCH program I've ever attended. Besides poor location in the Convention Center, inadequate seating, 5 1/2 hour lunch breaks for visiting the exhibitors, tremendous lines for the lunch (I went to Steak & Shake) the content of the programs seemed to me to be repetitive and without substance. The last 1 1/2 hour on Friday was the only saving grace. I did enjoy the Ash trees in Carmel thing. Was it just me? Your thoughts?
"But at home one is bound with petty regulations and irksome restraints.....He feels lost even in great crowds, for nothing and no one seem in sympathy. The people he knows may be good fellows, but they do not understand him, and he does not understand them. he longs to get back to the bush, for there he felt an exaltation that no civilized land can possibly supply." -Denis D. Lyell
Old 01-14-2007, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well, i their defence, this was the first year that they combinded the golf/ornamentals/turf all togeather. the 5.5hr lunch break was to get people into the 'equipment show' and feed their sponsers. so i think they were over taken by the turn out. the past years were just fine, but the show was alot smaller. i will say that i was alittle pissed of on the fact that the class's were over crouded, and the amount of CCH's offerd were not their! i do alot of aquatics work, so i sat in the 'invasive aquatic plants' class for almost 6hrs and worked thru my lunch their and got LOADS of great info, but not a single CCH! i feel that the workshops should be FREE, i went to one workshop, tought by zac and the guy from TG, good info, but not worth the $60 (i just went in and sat down, i didn't pay, never even questiond me). yes the EAB info was good. i did like ALL the speakers, they did keep it going, my major complaint their is, no time for questions afterwords. best of all, i got paid for 3 days, got some really good if not great info, free lunches, and meet a few people from around indy that i have talked too that, we might beable to help each other out in working to start up a maintenance program. so all and all, glad it's over, but did leave happy, and look forward to next year. jmo
Old 01-14-2007, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well----Maybe it was just me. Maybe I expected too much. That baseball bat info was probable worth the price of the program.
"But at home one is bound with petty regulations and irksome restraints.....He feels lost even in great crowds, for nothing and no one seem in sympathy. The people he knows may be good fellows, but they do not understand him, and he does not understand them. he longs to get back to the bush, for there he felt an exaltation that no civilized land can possibly supply." -Denis D. Lyell
Old 01-14-2007, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

ya i'm from mitchell, indiana. Hey Landon hows it going its josh, hope your business prospers this year; i'm lining up commercial accounts to bid on as we speak. Well see ya, josh
Old 01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i will say that i am tired of the EAB. the only thing i like about it is that we are making a killing treating for it $$$
Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat81 View Post
I'm from the Washington area.
Hummmm.....Business name? Haven't seen anyone besides myself on here. PM me if you want. Thanks!