Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-04-2003, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Crawdad - you may be on to something. According to Jerry, both beer and urine are beneficial. You are taking 1 step out of the process by applying both at the same time.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 09-12-2003, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

We tried one of his tonics for getting rid of aphids on roses, used soap and oranges if I remember. It actually worked, Lady bugs went on sale later and we did not have enough on the roses to keep them around, supported the neighbors instead.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm Jerry Baker, and I agree with you.

My name is Jerry Baker, but I'm not the one that sells all that stuff. I agree with you, that IT'S BEST to drink the beer and whisky first, before putting it on the lawn.

I live in Cedar Falls, Iowa, near where the tornado and the floods happened this year.

I'm writing because no one has posted anything on this thread for several years, and I want to make it look up-to-date.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

well thanks, just add the laughing stock topic of an illegal and STUPID fraud to the real issues, that real organic gardeners are trying to address in this forum, do you have some real input or are you putting your self on par with the real idiot that I hate so much, that jerk has hurt real organic gardening so much over the years its almost a crime, wait is that the USDA going after him,YES!! about time. give him the death penalty!!!! and feed him beer soap and ammonia!!!

say something smart so I don't go on about this

Last edited by treegal1; 08-23-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

For some organic gardeners, Baker was a source. His talk show and books was at an infancy to “natural” gardening (at times). Eventually, you educated yourself, utilized the good, and dropped the bad information. On the subject of beer… Alcohols are not beneficials, is there any benefit in a yeasts & sugars compost tea concoction? Utilize the CT before it (completely) ferments. Are there any benefits in using the byproducts of beer production> IE: hops, barley… Will a thorough washing be necessary to remove trace alcohols? It is a waste byproduct used in composting. I have used beer as an attractant for slugs. Hostas and daylilies are susceptible to them. A small dish is filled with beer and placed near the plants.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

While I imagine that many of his tonics are effective, I will agree with the assessment that he is an idiot. I was watching one of his PBS programs once, and he told the audience to go buy fertilizer, "Don't worry about the numbers, plants can't read the numbers." So by this astounding logic, 0-25-0 or 46-0-0 would have basically the same effect. He also tells people to treat necrotic ring spot with baby shampoo...

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 08-23-2008, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

well I am trying to figure out how to get this thread pulled as its just a joke and the idiot that revived it should be pulled to( just an opinion)maybe just post some garbage all over it

www.soilsecret.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLA3E...eature=related

http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/patis-fish-sauce

http://www.organicpesticides.com/

Last edited by treegal1; 08-23-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

compost does a soil good!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

lol Tree,
Awesome.

Think of this thread as fair warning to people looking for info on the guy.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Information, for people doing Google searches.

Any person who does a Google search for the combined words Jerry and Baker gets "hundreds" of links to web sites promoting "his" products, especially on the first few pages of the search results. The critical comments that turn up are fewer, and pushed farther to the back.

I'd guess that the way to get the critical comments out there more prominently available to clueless Google searchers is to keep the threads containing them up-to-date. I may be wrong about this, but there's some limited evidence that it seems to work.

Another thing I think is true is that "Jerry Baker" himself is not connected with the company that sells "Jerry Baker" products, except by a family relationship. Also, the products which that company sells resemble the other products that are on the market, and don't have the kooky ingredients that he talks about on his TV programs.