Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-03-2003, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

26" catchers?

Have you thought about or tried to fit one of your catchers to any of the 26" walkbehind mowers. Like the JOhnson, Sarlo, Keez, or Encore. the Encore is the one I am most interested in because the deck is similar in design to the larger WB mowers with a welded steel construction. I was wondering if the catcher you make for the stealth mowers could be made to fit it?

thanks
Old 09-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Sponsor

Paul,
Thanks for the recommendation. We have been testing out a set of smaller catchers based on the unit we have for the Sutech. We have a few of the smaller units available with the GCEX hookup. If the outlet on the Encore 26 is the same as on the Encore 36, one of these would fit. As for the Kee or Sarlo mowers, it is something we have looked into. We have tended to concentrate on the larger mowers as this seems to be where the demand is. Of course, we don't really know what it would be until we actually offer the product for sale. The price of the catcher would be higher as a percent of the mower price which might be an impediment to sales, even with a lower list price (around $275.00 for a 3.3 Cu Ft. catcher). If enough people ask, we will add them to our lineup. Sometimes we will even do a custom unit for people if the opening on their mower is not too complex.

Peter
Old 09-04-2003, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the quick answer and for listening. I am thinking about replacing my 21' with one of the 26" mowers, but none of them have grass catchers as far as I know. So if you could make on fit that would be great. like i said I like the looks of the encore because the deck appears to be built similar to the larger Wb mowers. Thanks for the info.