Old 09-07-2004, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Trevor, get ahold of me sometime while you are up here. 989-802-0268
Old 09-08-2004, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
Trevor, get ahold of me sometime while you are up here. 989-802-0268

for sure....Once things settle in a bit, and i learn the "in's and out's".
I am going to Northwood University, located in Midland MI

Trevor
Old 09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman
Go blue tomorrow, and Go Rutgers!

i think you have it reversed. more like loose blue, go green.

lol. what sucks for me, is that we have season tix to msu football games (my dad has been getting them for the past 15-20years so we have pretty good seats) and im not able to go due to school starting back up, so im cutting on thursdays and fridays after school and all day saturday and what ever i missed on sunday. lets just PRAY it doesnt rain on the weekends until october 31st!

BTW. it felt like it was about to start SNOWING today!!! just the way the weather was looking/feeling!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Lose is what State did, to one of the worst teams in college football. Win is what Michigan does, and what Michigan people expect them to do. That's the difference between State and UofM. At UofM we expect to win, at State they hope to win.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman
Lose is what State did, to one of the worst teams in college football. Win is what Michigan does, and what Michigan people expect them to do. That's the difference between State and UofM. At UofM we expect to win, at State they hope to win.

same as to bed said of each schools graduates.

trevor
Old 09-08-2004, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Is that rain from that Hurricane that keeps swirling through PA going to hit us or what? I could use a nice downpour tomorrow.

Old 09-09-2004, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

it rained pretty good this afternoon, as i was going to get a new tv. Ours craped out on us this weekend..... Good thing i got a new one before the NFL kicks off!!!! we are slowing way down now adays so if any one has some mulch that needs to be placed give me a call. Also if you maintain schools... We have great rates on playground mulch, ask your school district or what privet school in your area. We can sub through you and you can make a pretty penny with out lifting a finger. (sorry for the sales pitch just trying to drum up some biz to round out the year.) Hope every ones season went well i know mine did. Oh and if anyone needs some experanced help plowing this year you can also give me a call. I know i will get board sitting around the house this winter + I love plowing (good stress reliever IMO) 734-891-7224 or PM me. Have a good one!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, the whole thing with me mowing the football field I got out of it. The reason for me getting out of it was the gate was always locked and never open when it was supposed to be open.
Basically, the school grounds supervisor and I had an agreement that every Wednesday at 1pm the gate would be unlocked. The first time it wasn't unlocked and I had to wait until 1:20pm for someone to come and unlocked it. Over and over I kept on reminding them the time, and then this past Wednesday I came to mow it and it was locked. I figured, I am not going to call them this time, I will wait to see if someone will come;my employee and me waited until 1:18pm and nobody came. So we left, and I told the guy to forget about it, because the gate isn't unlocked when it's supposed to be, I am sick of waiting around, and it's becoming a hassle for me
Old 09-10-2004, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys, I'm looking into plowing this year. I would like to send a letter to all my current customers to first see if there is a demand for it. Maybe the letter could have a section at the bottom where they could detatch it and send it in with an "X" on a box that says "yes, I would like an estimate for snow/ice management". Did any of you do it this way? I would also hope that I would get word of mouth from just being out there plowing. It would be nice to have some extra income this year while I'm in school. I have a plow picked out and have the price. I just need to see if it's justifiable. Thanks
PS. Anyone going to the tigers game tonight? (friday)
Old 09-10-2004, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert Lawns
Hey guys, I'm looking into plowing this year. I would like to send a letter to all my current customers to first see if there is a demand for it. Maybe the letter could have a section at the bottom where they could detatch it and send it in with an "X" on a box that says "yes, I would like an estimate for snow/ice management". Did any of you do it this way? I would also hope that I would get word of mouth from just being out there plowing. It would be nice to have some extra income this year while I'm in school. I have a plow picked out and have the price. I just need to see if it's justifiable. Thanks
PS. Anyone going to the tigers game tonight? (friday)
I can't believe they lost 26-5 the other night

Tags
alternative landscaping