Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey m & s craigslist has a leaf loader 4 sale in waterford. I think he wanted 2,000.00 for it. check it out
Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i was at that guys shop buying some other stuff, his is way too big for my needs. He said it's something like what the cities use, and it will suck up small children. The last thing I need to do is suck someone up.. haha.

Looking to spend 1000 tops, it's not super important to me but would really like one for cleanups and dethatching. I hate de-thatching.

Speaking of that, who around does dethatching? I have a pull behind one and it's not real effective, thinking of picking up a decent used one. It seems like they would be hell on a lawn, but I guess not? Any thoughts?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do thatching but with the bluebird push behind ones, and let me tell you its a *****. I actually have a 2 acre job i have to do in bruce township and was thinking of renting one that goes on the front or back of a lazer but havent checked into it yet. Dont really want to walk 2 acres pushing a blubird. Did he have decent stuff there, was going to go but had a guy come by to buy a lazer z i was selling.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

there was some half-decent stuff. I got two Redmax 4401 (or whatever they are) blowers, a Stihl extended hedge trimmer/pole pruner, and a redmax whip in good shape for 375, plus a free rake.. haha. A lot of the stuff was pretty beat down though.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure Time Outdoor Serv View Post
Here is what I did today........... Bring on the cleanups and the Thatchings
Looks good but might need an elbow on the spout to direct leaves down ward into the trailer.
Looks like you got a little money into it.

PEOPLE LOOK FOR ANSWERS FROM A MAN THAT CAN ONLY BE GIVEN FROM GOD.

KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH (JESUS) WILL SET YOU FREE!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and S Lawn Care View Post
Leisure Time, looks sweet!!

Can I ask what type of loader than is, and what you paid for something like that? I'm in the market for one right now.
It is a Billy Goat with a 16hp Biriggs on it and it sucks everything in site, I love it and I paid $1400.00 for it on Craigslist last summer.

2008 2500 HD 4x4 With 8'2 Boss V Plow
2001 2500 HD 4x4 with 8'6 Boss Straight
2006 Silverado1500 Z71 With 7'6 Boss Plow
1993 F-250 4x4 XLT With 7'6 Western Plow
2008 Bad Boy 60" w/26 LC Kawi
2008 Wells Cargo 8x16 Enclosed Trailer
2006 Gravely 34 Walk Behind
2007 Exmark Phazer 34 ZTR
2002 Gravely 50 Walk Behind
2004 6x12 Landscape trailer
Shindaiwa Trimmer T272
Shindaiwa Stick Edger
Stihl br600 Backpack Blower
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybow View Post
Looks good but might need an elbow on the spout to direct leaves down ward into the trailer.
Looks like you got a little money into it.
Ya I am going to pick up an elbow tomorrow for it

2008 2500 HD 4x4 With 8'2 Boss V Plow
2001 2500 HD 4x4 with 8'6 Boss Straight
2006 Silverado1500 Z71 With 7'6 Boss Plow
1993 F-250 4x4 XLT With 7'6 Western Plow
2008 Bad Boy 60" w/26 LC Kawi
2008 Wells Cargo 8x16 Enclosed Trailer
2006 Gravely 34 Walk Behind
2007 Exmark Phazer 34 ZTR
2002 Gravely 50 Walk Behind
2004 6x12 Landscape trailer
Shindaiwa Trimmer T272
Shindaiwa Stick Edger
Stihl br600 Backpack Blower
Old 03-17-2009, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

why dont you just mount the whole unit down a bit farther and cut a hole in one board? then you dont need a elbow and you wont have any blow out because you can keep the tarp nice and tight.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Member

well i pushed the post quick button some how oops and then i finished and i said i took to long sorry! any way restart i know this has nothing to do writing the current topic but i am pissed.

i realize we are all dealing with low ballers and its the story of are lives... kinda. i only have been fully time two years so i am new to the haveing to bid on work before i just did it. but know i am and i did 60 accounts last year and i can handle that its the week end jobs that i need help and some how even tho every ones out of a job no one can sit around and only help friday or saturday do little landscape jobs. so i want to land a large commercial account or condo to make it productive to have a full time employee to help

so i bid on a condo last week with 33 drive ways(probably 66 condos not to sure tho) and it was for a seasonal contract everything snow and lawn. lawn care, beds, pruning, sprinklers, fertilizer, snow removal and salt to everything. i put the bid together worked with 3 buddys in the biz we felt good about the prices but i dint want to go to low cause it was one year not 3 or 4 or something and prices for salt and gas ya know! so i had not heard any thing so i called the contact person a week after her meeting with the condos and she said there using a guy thats half my price! i bid 74,000 for the year he 36,000 COME ON. i mean i looked over the numbers and i was pretty happy. i mean its was 6 hours of mowing for two to three guys(2 zs 1 weedwip) and 140 yds of mulch, sprinklers, weed control, plowing 1 roads 2 hours on driveways 2 hours sidewalks bag of calcium for each drive and walk, 1.5 ton salt. its just crazy. i mean i know there will be a few that tell me i am wrong but i dont think brickscape would have under bid this guy.

while i am on the subject last year in saline i bid on tractor supply with burns lawn care and they bid it for 35 bucks, it was 2 acres min. she told the mgt. that she would beat any bid. what theres got to be mins. for commercial accounts i think. its bull that we have to deal with ppl like this when most of us do this biz cause we like the work we do and then we have to have these fly bye night guys ( hopefully you read this marty from burns)

sorry to bring up such an old subject to every one but family and friends dont understand it like i think you guys would. by the way the name of the guy that won the condos was midwest wondered if any one around a2 as had to deal with either of these two.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Midwest from Novi?

Hmmm...

Check this out.. from an email today:

"You are the only individual who provided me with an estimate in writing. All others have been in person (over the weekend) or over the phone (this week). Your professionalism is one reason for why I am thinking so hard about giving the job to you.

One think I would like to point out is that, I will not be going with the weekly lawn care through you as I did get a company out who is willing to do the lawn care for $18/week. I will try them and I really hope they do a good job, else I will have to find someone else.

Thanks!"

His house is a large house on a corner lot with sidewalks on both sides, a circle drive, plenty to edge and trim around, and a fair amount of grass. I told him 28.00/week. Guess not. He also claims that he's having someone re-set close to 400' of black diamond edging and give his yard a spring clean-up for 300.00 TOTAL. No thanks, I told him I'll be here if he needs anything.

I'm so sick of this, it's stupid. If you're going to bid low, at least bid high enough to make a little $$. I dont know how these guys can do it. $18.00 seems to be the magic grass number, I'm seeing it everywhere, even for 5-10K sq ft lawns.

Tags
alternative landscaping