Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-20-2009, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and S Lawn Care View Post
Rain Rain, go away, come again some other more convenient day.
Thats what im saying.....its a good day to catch up on paperwork

well it looks like this year in going to be busy for us....we have been awared the maintnance contract at Yazaki North America in Canton......Nothing like last minute, im just going in to sign the contract today.

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Member

[
well it looks like this year in going to be busy for us....we have been awared the maintnance contract at Yazaki North America in Canton......Nothing like last minute, im just going in to sign the contract today.[/QUOTE]

Congrats Eric
1985 GMC Stake Truck w/ Boss Plow
2008 8x16 Wells Cargo Enclosed
2001 8.5x20 Timberwolf Enclosed
2008 Bad Boy 60" Mower
2010 Toro 48" ztr
2007 Gravely 34 Walkbehind
2006 Bobcat 48" Hydro with velkie
Many Blowers
Many Whips
All kinds of hand tools
Old 04-20-2009, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=LawnVet;2942053]We were going to start cuts this week, but I think with the amount of rainfall in the last 24 hrs and 2+ days to go of this we're going to have to push it to next week. I'd hate to tear up lawns on our first cut.

I agree..but watch and see how many guys will be out trying to cut swamped yards/tearing them up by Wednesday. P
Old 04-20-2009, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

lol you know that rights. i seen 2 crews out this morning dont know what they were doing but they were out driving, looking for a dry spot.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok I hope with what I about to say does not offend anyone here and I apologize in advance.

What company in their right mind today would send a crew out on a day like today. I was out driving this morning and drove by a crew laying mulch with bobcats. The crew looked like a wet rag, the work looked like a two year old building in a sandbox, mud and torn up grass was everywhere. To me this makes absolutely no sense. Someone is paying a crew that is moving at 50% because of the rain and conditions. They will have to replace the sod they have torn up and the clean up of the tracked mud everywhere.

Honestly what are people thinking.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXpress2002 View Post
Ok I hope with what I about to say does not offend anyone here and I apologize in advance.

What company in their right mind today would send a crew out on a day like today. I was out driving this morning and drove by a crew laying mulch with bobcats. The crew looked like a wet rag, the work looked like a two year old building in a sandbox, mud and torn up grass was everywhere. To me this makes absolutely no sense. Someone is paying a crew that is moving at 50% because of the rain and conditions. They will have to replace the sod they have torn up and the clean up of the tracked mud everywhere.

Probably paid up front, and will not return to repair damage.

Eric, just left you a message. If you're in Canton right now I can meet you with specs before you head back to Livonia...that is, if you check this on a PDA or something.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Star Lawn Care LLC View Post

well it looks like this year in going to be busy for us....we have been awared the maintnance contract at Yazaki North America in Canton......Nothing like last minute, im just going in to sign the contract today.
First off congrats on that contract. That is a heck of complex both on the east and west side of Haggerty. Secondly this year has been the longest year I have waited on contracts. I was awarded a few large ones also and they came down on Thursday and was quite shocked when they did because I thought they went with another company and did not care to notify anyone. The thing that I think helped this year to seal not only those contacts but others was the fact I offered two extra months to put it over this year compared to previous years. By doing that it saved the one property just under $400.00 a month on their services and I still receive the contract and the pay I wanted without sacrificing the service or income it's just over two more months.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Star Lawn Care LLC View Post
Thats what im saying.....its a good day to catch up on paperwork

Congrats Eric!!!

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured
Old 04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXpress2002 View Post

I seen a crew out cutting today at Beck just south of 5 mile. I could not believe it. What are people thinking??
1985 GMC Stake Truck w/ Boss Plow
2008 8x16 Wells Cargo Enclosed
2001 8.5x20 Timberwolf Enclosed
2008 Bad Boy 60" Mower
2010 Toro 48" ztr
2007 Gravely 34 Walkbehind
2006 Bobcat 48" Hydro with velkie
Many Blowers
Many Whips
All kinds of hand tools
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure Time Outdoor Serv View Post
I seen a crew out cutting today at Beck just south of 5 mile. I could not believe it. What are people thinking??

All this talk of working today is crazy. It's been pouring here all day, i cant imagine the mess people must be making.

Lawn Pro - Complete Lawn and Landscape Care
www.LawnProOutdoor.com

Tags
alternative landscaping