Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-30-2009, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think im going to wait it out and cut tomorrow and saturday. I would hate to drive down to the city and it starts raining, waste of gas and money. paper work and estimates this morning.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Didn't even try it today...got up around 7, got things ready to go, ate breakfast...went outside to hook up and it started to rain...went inside and got distracted for a while puttin around my new house...now its definitely raining buckets here..better luck tomorrow.It seems like keeping a schedule this time of year is impossible...And a lot of lawns out this way dont seem to be growing fast,some are though..weird. Looks like saturday/sunday cuts for me...I recall cutting on fathers day last year. I guess I can paint my walls today after all..She'll be happy to see me doing something productive instead of watching speedvision.lol
Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

got two lawns and a clean-up/thatch done this morning, and the rain came right on time @ 12:00. Oh well, hopefully Friday and Saturday will hold out for us!

Lawn Pro - Complete Lawn and Landscape Care
www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Also, thank you Lawn Pro and Metro for the Stickers and inspection forms.. A big help indeed!

I did the vehicle/trailer inspection myself( I was a mechanic in a former life ) Do I have to send one of the copies to anyone or do i keep both parts of that form?

And, I have a single axle trailer...do i need to put brakes on it?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi guys! A bit rainy recently.... man I sure wish I had a couple more days this month so I could get a few more mulch jobs done before sending out the bills. Oh well.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post
Hi guys! A bit rainy recently.... man I sure wish I had a couple more days this month so I could get a few more mulch jobs done before sending out the bills. Oh well.
If it wasn't gonna rain tomorrow, I'd start doing all my lawns, I've mowed my lawn 2 times this week already, have to start tomorrow, can't today, I'm "studying" for my exam right now for psychology. (Watching tv, on lawnsite, on trukz, I still have to get my psychology books from upstairs yet). Loving the rain though, grass is very green!

2008 GMC 1500 SLE 4x4 Z71 Ext. Cab
2001 Ford Focus
I retired from mowing lawns
Old 04-30-2009, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Woohoo. Just sign my second big landscape job for the season, brick work, waterfall and some trees & bushes, thank god i got it cause lawns suck this season for me (damn lowballers) so this should big my capitol back up. Rainy, wet, and soggie by me cant wait to cut long wet grass tomorrow, lots of bagging.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Well was out in Northville/Novi today and got 16 of the 25 done before the rain started around 12:30 and then did 3 while it was sprinkling then called it quits. Not too bad to only be 6 behind!!! Hopefully i can get a 600sq. ft. paver job done this weekend and i'll be all set.

Hey Mike, i may have another aeration for you at 6 & Beck? I'll call you later after i talk to her.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVC_Lawncare View Post
Also, thank you Lawn Pro and Metro for the Stickers and inspection forms.. A big help indeed!

I did the vehicle/trailer inspection myself( I was a mechanic in a former life ) Do I have to send one of the copies to anyone or do i keep both parts of that form?

And, I have a single axle trailer...do i need to put brakes on it?
I was told about a week ago from my local county weight master that any single axle commercial tariler that weighed more then 700 lbs had to have brakes. BUT I can't find that on any website so I have no idea. I would think he would know what he was talking about though.

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 04-30-2009, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcondon View Post
I was told about a week ago from my local county weight master that any single axle commercial tariler that weighed more then 700 lbs had to have brakes. BUT I can't find that on any website so I have no idea. I would think he would know what he was talking about though.

Hmmm, i cant seem to find anything either. It seems that they keep things vague so they can give you a ticket for them later on... Quite a clever way to collect revenue if you ask me.

Tags
alternative landscaping