Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
is that all you come on here to do paul? read what i have to say and keep an eye on me?

thats all you and bishop do is read my posts and make comments on them. go find something better to do with your time. i would rather have used this site to make friends with two local companies but you act like bigbrother watching me and bishop acts like he is holding in some big secret about me.

I just thought it was interesting when you talked about low ballers ! Im not going to to talk #'s but you were bidding lawns 30% cheaper than we have been mowing them for years. Then you go into a sub that we have over 40 lawns in and start knocking on our customers doors and talk smack about us. Im all about competion but keep it on the up and up

Old 06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
bbaaaaaaaaaaa hahaahahah leisure time you have been called out and cohen proved his point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$15 for that thats effeing crazy!!!!! hes double cutting it two!!! thats a $30 lawn minimum. you cant double cut that in 15 min either i dont care what you say so no your not making a dollar a minute.
Maybe you should reconsider your post... as noted above, that is three lawns.

Also, maybe you could do some reflecting on why people on this site seem to be calling you out for your posts so often. Maybe there's a good reason?????????????????????????????/
Old 06-02-2009, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post

Also, maybe you could do some reflecting on why people on this site seem to be calling you out for your posts so often. Maybe there's a good reason?????????????????????????????/
Many people feel the same
Old 06-02-2009, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by procut View Post
^ You charge your mom?
HA! That's what I thought too. I hope it is for a rental property, or business or you hardly get along...but hey, who am I?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not really getting into the whole pricing/lowballer thing BUT IF I did have a $15 lawn that took a crew 15 minutes to cut, I'd either slit my wrists for bidding it that low, fire the crew chief for taking too long or take another hit off the crack pipe. Read into that what you will. LOL
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior L & L View Post

I just thought it was interesting when you talked about low ballers ! Im not going to to talk #'s but you were bidding lawns 30% cheaper than we have been mowing them for years. Then you go into a sub that we have over 40 lawns in and start knocking on our customers doors and talk smack about us. Im all about competion but keep it on the up and up

i can say in front of god i have never said one bad thing about your company in front of god swear on my life. the farthest to the "bad" thing i ever said was when i talked to one lady who was mad as heck that you didnt do her fall clean up and didnt get to it until late spring. the "worst" thing i said was well some times when a company gets to that size its hard to make every customer first. so i would seriously question your sources on that, and yes i or one of my guys talked to every single person in that sub along with every other "decent" home or area in fenton so dont make it sound like im trying to single your "home sub" out. we talked to just under 20,000 people. that took alot of money to do something like that with pisspoor results to boot.

i mow one lawn in there for 30 and one for 35 the rest are 40 50 and 55 with 50 being the vast majority. can you say the same? dont lie and try to call me out like bishop and not be able to back it up. you mow darn near every lawn in there for 30 so EVERY ONE SAYS and thats ok because you mow alot in there so you can mow them a little cheaper. cool then. dont make it sound like i came in and lowballed you and lie through your teeth. give me a adress and i will tell you what i charge them.

you saw me lowball the shat out of the city bid right? and you saw me back my way right out of that bid right? could i have mowed it for that and made money? you bet thats why i gave that bid, did i want to be the lowest bidder? heck no i felt like shat because of it until i turned the work down.

dont for one second think i go around and follow what you say and go try to steal your work and talk shat about you, never.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post

i typed that before you posted yours, look at the time on the post's. your right i think this site is full of the people i laugh at and cuss at all day long im just getting jaded, annoyed, and tired of it and i think its starting to show.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior L & L View Post
but you were bidding lawns 30% cheaper than we have been mowing them for years.

and that is a flat out lie i know that and you know that. i have how many posts on this site? i talk to alot of people on here that i consider as my friends and then you and bishop come on ONLY to get on my case and make me look like a jackassin front of them.

you tell me what lawn im mowing for 30% less and back that talk up.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and S Lawn Care View Post
Stop stop stop. Lets stop arguing. On one hand, we could all raise prices. True, that would be nice. I dont like competing with people charging less than what I can do it for. On the other hand, HO's aren't swimming in $$ right now, so if it gets too pricey, they'll do it themselves.

I've been charging a few bucks less for everything this year, from lawns to mulch. Not lowballing, but staying within reason. That way people can afford it, we can stay busy, and everyone is happy. Personally I dont do any lawns for less than $20 except my mom's, and I try not to go out on a job for less than $75.00. I think that's fair to everyone.

Done.

Nice weather today. Got to try pulling with the new 250 today, 2.5 tons of boulders in the dump trailer and I couldn't tell it was back there. Got 8 MPG though.
and I'll do anything for $1.00 less lol

get used to 8-10 MPG..... Welcome to the ford 3/4 ton club!!!

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured
Old 06-03-2009, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You may have noticed USDOT officers already ramping up efforts in your areas recently. Set for June 2-4, the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) will be conducting a roadside inspection blitz in cooperation with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Admin., Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Admin., Canadian Council of Motor Transport Admin. and the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation in Mexico. This effort, in addition to regular patrols and audits, will include 8,500 additional inspectors in 1,850 locations around the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

The CVSA is targeting these areas: The North American Standard Level I inspection, which examines all of the following:
-driver's record of duty status
-driver's license
-medical examiner's certificate and waiver
-hours of service
-alcohol and drugs (if applicable)
-vehicle inspection report
-seat belts and enforcement
-brake system
-coupling devices
-head lamps
-lamps on projecting loads
-exhaust system
-frame
-fuel system
-turn signals
-brake lamps
-tail lamps
-safe loading
-steering mechanism
-suspension system
-tires
-van and open-top trailer bodies
-wheels and rims
-windshield wipers
-emergency exits on buses as well as motorcoach and bus safety compliance
-HazMat requirements (if applicable)

Watch your back this week and next. Everybody talking about lowballing what about your trucks without them you have nothing.

Tags
alternative landscaping