Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-05-2009, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not harsh, I just cant stand the cops that hide out or set up speed traps, trying to catch someone and wasting time. I have a few cop freinds and I joke with them about it all the time.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I agree. I think it's stupid, there's better things that they could be doing and worrying about. It's all about how much $ they can bring in now, not what's right or wrong. I was talking with a neighbor of mine and he said tickets in Northville are at 3-400% of what they were a year and a half ago.

Lawn Pro - Complete Lawn and Landscape Care
www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 06-05-2009, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stoked today going to pick up my class a motorhome and get it ready for a big camping trip
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, I have missed alot. I'm glad to see someone else getting tore up over $15 lawns rofl...... Hope everyone is doing well.
Lawn Service Divisions
Warren - Harrison Twp. - Detroit - Lenox - St. Helen
(586) 634-2904 (313) 885-9090 (989) 443-4380
Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Lawn View Post
Wow, I have missed alot. I'm glad to see someone else getting tore up over $15 lawns rofl...... Hope everyone is doing well.
You dont cut lawns for $15 do you?

Metro, I've seen quite a few of your trucks over here in Northville.. you have a lot of stuff out this way?

Lawn Pro - Complete Lawn and Landscape Care
www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 06-05-2009, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
i can say in front of god i have never said one bad thing about your company in front of god swear on my life. the farthest to the "bad" thing i ever said was when i talked to one lady who was mad as heck that you didnt do her fall clean up and didnt get to it until late spring. the "worst" thing i said was well some times when a company gets to that size its hard to make every customer first. so i would seriously question your sources on that, and yes i or one of my guys talked to every single person in that sub along with every other "decent" home or area in fenton so dont make it sound like im trying to single your "home sub" out. we talked to just under 20,000 people. that took alot of money to do something like that with pisspoor results to boot.

i mow one lawn in there for 30 and one for 35 the rest are 40 50 and 55 with 50 being the vast majority. can you say the same? dont lie and try to call me out like bishop and not be able to back it up. you mow darn near every lawn in there for 30 so EVERY ONE SAYS and thats ok because you mow alot in there so you can mow them a little cheaper. cool then. dont make it sound like i came in and lowballed you and lie through your teeth. give me a adress and i will tell you what i charge them.

you saw me lowball the shat out of the city bid right? and you saw me back my way right out of that bid right? could i have mowed it for that and made money? you bet thats why i gave that bid, did i want to be the lowest bidder? heck no i felt like shat because of it until i turned the work down.

dont for one second think i go around and follow what you say and go try to steal your work and talk shat about you, never.
Oh Junior,
Relax, im not commenting on everything you say. I just kept reading you talking about low ballers and finally had to say something. A friend of mine that lives in there told me that someone from Picasso knocked on his door and was talking "smack" .who cares. The customer who asked us to match your $25 price was not in the hills but another Fenton sub.(who cares)

The only thing i would question is "knocking on 20,000 fenton area homes" fenton city has a population of 10,000 and fenton twp has 12,000 with a average of 3 people to a home. Thats 7500 residences that include lower income homes, trailers and at least 2000 apartment units

Oh and i didnt even know that you low balled the city bid.........................Low baller

Last edited by Superior L & L; 06-05-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=M and S Lawn Care;3026125]You dont cut lawns for $15 do you?

No, or i would be buying a pop-up instead. I already lost 30 clients this season to lowballers or companies giving away a months free cuttings. I dont think i even have a 15.00 cut oh i do have a 10.00 front only but thats 7 houses in a row and one front only. But like i said its only going to get worse with gm going bankrupt and smaller companies suffering. I think by the end of the season lawns will be down to 10.00 or lower. Honestly. PLus with all these new laws its going to cost a fortune to keep trucks on the road. Sound like your area is a little tougher to gain new accounts with so much competition. Good luck to you sir
Old 06-06-2009, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior L & L View Post
Oh Junior,
Relax, im not commenting on everything you say. I just kept reading you talking about low ballers and finally had to say something. A friend of mine that lives in there told me that someone from Picasso knocked on his door and was talking "smack" .who cares. The customer who asked us to match your $25 price was not in the hills but another Fenton sub.(who cares)

The only thing i would question is "knocking on 20,000 fenton area homes" fenton city has a population of 10,000 and fenton twp has 12,000 with a average of 3 people to a home. Thats 7500 residences that include lower income homes, trailers and at least 2000 apartment units

Oh and i didnt even know that you low balled the city bid.........................Low baller

it was from brighton all the way to fenton nothing farther north then grand blanc road, i talked to people all day every day for five weeks straight. put out 50,000 fliers by hand. well i mow one lawn for $25 dollars so i know exactly what one you are talking about and i would be glad for you to take it off my hands i only keep it because her mother in howel spends big $ with me. so tell me what sub this lawn is in, i bet your full of it on that to. and elite is trying to steal it from mw for 20 just so you know so tell her 15 and you might have a deal.

dont sit here and try to call me out as being a lowballer when im mowing lawns in there for more then what you were. back to your 30% less reply come again on that, what lawn am i mowing for less?
Old 06-06-2009, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

and i care because i didnt talk "smack" not at all not even close. what the f is wrong with you to belive that. do you think i would go knock on doors and talk "smack" to try to get lawns. you caught me that was the game plan that worked so great talkshit and they sign right up.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you Fenton guys know who got the Fox Hills sub?
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.

Tags
alternative landscaping