Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscape View Post
Unfortunately those cars will pay for themselves. It's not the up front cost of the resources to the state(which they do care about), it's the cost to those who are fined. It's just another form of taxation. THROW THE BUMS OUT!!!!

Remember this: Valde Garcia (R), our state rep in Howell/Pinckney/Brighton, voted for the service tax. Since I am a (R), I urge you to vote against him in the PRIMARY. He's a turncoat Bum with a capital B!

Mike Rogers, our congressman, held fast on both votes of the federal bailout package, as well as the spendulus package. He is the man.
You are right on about Garcia, I hope people don't forget that he voted for the sevice tax. He needs to switch partys.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

well i figured you installed the steps on that one. my mistake, then we can agree on one thing that they look like shat.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

but this argument started because you called me out as a lowballer so im still waiting on the proof of that. just because some old bat calls your office and claims im mowing a lawn for $25 qualifies me to be a lowballer? thats a strong word to use on this site as you can see it pissespeople off in a hurry so you need more proof then that.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
but this argument started because you called me out as a lowballer so im still waiting on the proof of that. just because some old bat calls your office and claims im mowing a lawn for $25 qualifies me to be a lowballer? thats a strong word to use on this site as you can see it pissespeople off in a hurry so you need more proof then that.
Okay,
absolutely objective viewpoint:
so he said that on here....and may have been wrong
no one thinks he's right
no one thinks you're right
no one cares
if you all stop now no one will think less of either of you...keep it up and we'll think less of both!
Now let's all go make some coin before Jenny starts printing her own!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnVet View Post
no one thinks he's right
no one thinks you're right
no one cares
if you all stop now no one will think less of either of you...keep it up and we'll think less of both!
Well said !
Old 06-08-2009, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like were in for a lot of rain today. It's really pouring right now.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Tree guy?

Looking to sub out a tree job!
a good costomer of mine wants a 70ft tree gone. along with a bunch of other stuff. My crew and i can do almost everything.
Except im a newb at droping trees in certain gaps.
So if you are experienced and would like to come take a look and quote it
pm me

job location commerce twp
cross roads are commerce and bogie lake
thanks
Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well waste of a day today pouring rain right now. I must say we all are guilty of lowballing at some point, we are just trying to survive this terrible economy and crappy new laws they have for us. If we worked together instead of fighting with on of another about what we charge then this industry would be better off.Why is it mechanics charge a base price per hour or roofing contractors charge a base price per square foot but lawn cutters charge whatever they feel they want to charge, there is no base per square foot or labor charge per hour for cutting. This will be a ongoing battle forever and there will always be lowballers we just have to deal with it.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

The thing is, there will never be a standard in this line of work. even if EVERY guy on here decided, 100 a hour is the new "standard" what about the 1000's of guys that are not on here that do not agree. There are just too many businesses to get everyone on the same page.

I guess i look at this all a bit different than many people do. If i do lose a job to someone cheaper, good for them, obviously they do not have the overhead cost that i do. If i have to make 60 an hour to break even, and they have to make 30 just to break even, why do i assume they are doing something wrong?

I have my standard prices, i dont go in and undercut others prices, in fact, if i know someone has a company servicing their lawn, i dont even talk to them. I am a solo guy, take pride in my work, and work seems to come to me. Not saying i am the best by any means, i just take pride, and charge a decent price.

There is a place for those guys that mow for 15 bucks, maybe some people that can only afford that much. Those people care about price, not quality. Just dont go after those people.

hope everyone is having a good year so far.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
Looking to sub out a tree job!
a good costomer of mine wants a 70ft tree gone. along with a bunch of other stuff. My crew and i can do almost everything.
Except im a newb at droping trees in certain gaps.
So if you are experienced and would like to come take a look and quote it
pm me

job location commerce twp
cross roads are commerce and bogie lake
thanks

P.M. Sent !!

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured