Click for Weather

Old 06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Member

my guess is the ramps act like a tailgate
Old 06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and S Lawn Care View Post
Here is Lawn Pro's new way to save gas, equipment, maintenance, and cut overhead. Who needs trailers? Just need to mount some gas-struts and a latch system to keep it up. $270.00 worth of metal and half a days work. Folds in the middle and looks pretty darn good.

On Thursdays and Fridays when we mow, we have 3 guys in a truck with a trailer and one 60", then two others in a truck with a 52". There's no longer any point in hauling a 12' and 18' trailer around. We are likely going to do this to another truck and only use the trailer for big stuff. Eventually they will get flat-beds.... maybe we need some beefier trucks first.

Hey man I think it is a good idea. There are several companies here in the Grand Rapids area that are doing it and have been for a long time, with smallish cab-over trucks with a large flatbed and tailgate combo. I often look at them and think "dang I wish I had one of those". Yours is basically just a smaller version. It would be pretty cool to fab up some trimmer traps that will fit into the tie down pockets that are located in the top of the bed rails. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allor Outdoor View Post
Ok, so my question is....
Where do you put your ramps at after the machine, and all of the whips, edgers, and blowers are all loaded?
Ramp is hinged at the back of the truck and folds up, in half, and locks in place. I will post some finished pictures later tonight. Now I just need to make some more trimmer racks blower racks and this will be ready to roll.

Lawn Pro - Complete Lawn and Landscape Care
www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

If anybody needs a 61 inch ztr I have a good used one for sale

337 hrs. Bobcat asking 5500 or best offer.

I have a F-350 with a gate close to M and S Lawn care on a truck and it's the only way to go. So much easier that pulling a trailer around, plus you don't have to teach employees how to drive with a trailer on. Also saves on repairs and maintenance. Less tires.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey m & s Now i know who you are. You guys bought one of my 8.5 western from me last winter. How did that work for you guys? Good idea about the truck but what do you do when you have to bag someone or do a clean-up or do you have a another truck? Also i think your gvw will be way over and that can be a big ticket now adays. let me know
Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wow seems like i missed alot just in two days! looks pretty cool mike, hope to see it on the road soon! Just broke ground on my new website, Should be up in a few weeks or so if we don't hit too many potholes!! have a great wednesday!

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured
Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There appears to be a few people concerned with the weight issue. What is the max GVW of the truck and what does that mower and the three of you weigh? I bet you are under the GVW but not by much.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Hey m & s Now i know who you are. You guys bought one of my 8.5 western from me last winter. How did that work for you guys? Good idea about the truck but what do you do when you have to bag someone or do a clean-up or do you have a another truck? Also i think your gvw will be way over and that can be a big ticket now adays. let me know
Haha! Small world. Love that plow, it is big and beefy. I have it mounted on Superior L & L's old Chevy 2500, that rig is a plowing machine... well... it will be with a rebuilt tranny. Still have that salter for sale? PM me with details. I'm going to have the thing sandblasted and then re-paint it just to keep it looking nice and to prolong it's life. It's a little rusty, but solid.

As for bagging and clean-ups, There's room for two trash cans which will handle our "weekly bagging". Once fall hits we'll pull the trailer around with the collection systems and truck loaders. This is mostly just for weekly maintenance, aerations, and hauling the ATV around in the winter for some of our accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post
There appears to be a few people concerned with the weight issue. What is the max GVW of the truck and what does that mower and the three of you weigh? I bet you are under the GVW but not by much.
The max GVWR for the truck is 6500 lbs, the truck is about 4700, 800 for the mower, and 500 for three guys (Most of the time there will be two now, things are slowing down a little). That adds up to 6000 lbs. So.. we can squeeze by. This truck wont die either, we keep saying we're going to get rid of it but it keeps on working.

We now have the 52" ZTR in the back. Within the next few days I'll fab up some racks for trimmers and blowers. Pics to come soon.

www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 06-10-2009, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's two shots of the almost finished ramp and the latch.

www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Tim,

I saw your F350 parked out in front of a lawn in East GR a few weeks ago, that thing is quite the set up. I have to admit I was a little jealous. Good Work!

Tags
alternative landscaping