Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-03-2009, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmaster06 View Post
any recommendation for a good collection agency or attorney someone owes me alot of $$$.
I've got a few buddies that could scare the crap out of them..... oh thats illegal never mind!

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured
Old 10-03-2009, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Still have some items for sale, everything in this listing w/ pics
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=290937
After tomorrow I'm out of town until either next weekend or the one after so schedule your viewing please.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimowerman View Post
I've got a few buddies that could scare the crap out of them..... oh thats illegal never mind!
i got some to but dont want to go that route
Old 10-03-2009, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rain Rain Rain.. this weeks lawns are just going to get finished Monday. They're not all that long these days anyways. Got a nice retaining wall built today and about 25 plants in the ground. Going back Monday to put about 20 more shrubs in, some top soil, and stone. It was a little muddy though!

Half done, before plants. Not too bad for a bunch of lawn care guys..

Lawn Pro - Complete Lawn and Landscape Care
www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and S Lawn Care View Post
Rain Rain Rain.. this weeks lawns are just going to get finished Monday. They're not all that long these days anyways. Got a nice retaining wall built today and about 25 plants in the ground. Going back Monday to put about 20 more shrubs in, some top soil, and stone. It was a little muddy though!

Half done, before plants. Not too bad for a bunch of lawn care guys..
Looks good Mike! But...you really shouldn't be planting this late in the year, horticulturely speaking that is. Plants aren't established and too much shock still from planting them yet. Honestly in my experience you should be fine. In the past I have only had maybe a 5% increase in plant mortality and morbidity from the usual 5%.

Rule of thumb for late season plantings is woody shrubs and trees okay but wait for perennials till spring.
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Blah, I am way backed up...Rain on monday, tuesday, friday, saturday and maybe some today mid afternoon. I cut all the commercial stuff you can do in the rain already..but like mike said, nothing is growing fast at all...just hate to get off schedule so far. At this point, most people probably don't care anyway.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
Looks good Mike! But...you really shouldn't be planting this late in the year, horticulturely speaking that is. Plants aren't established and too much shock still from planting them yet. Honestly in my experience you should be fine. In the past I have only had maybe a 5% increase in plant mortality and morbidity from the usual 5%.

Rule of thumb for late season plantings is woody shrubs and trees okay but wait for perennials till spring.

Hemmmm. Not really looking to get into a "who know more or who know less" but our season is too short as it is. Ive got to plant from the time the ground thaws till its frozen. To me fall is the BEST time to plant anything, just like seeding. Warm days cool night. Granted cut down perennials dont have great esthetically value to the newly installed landscape but in spring they are already in and ready to go
Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You and your technical horticultural stuff Terrapro!

I actually like planting this time of year. I know that the plants may not be real well established before winter his, but it seems like it's a lot easier to keep them alive without drying out. Everything that I'm planting, except for a few hostas and grasses, are woody shrubs, so they should be okay.

On a similar note, I have a couple people that want me to cut bushes WAY down for them this fall. Like.. they're 5' high and they want them 2' high so they can re-grow. Majority are Burning Bush. When should I do this? They're still green. Wait til they turn red? Lose thier leaves? I know they've done this before but I dont want to kill them!

www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 10-04-2009, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and S Lawn Care View Post
You and your technical horticultural stuff Terrapro!

I actually like planting this time of year. I know that the plants may not be real well established before winter his, but it seems like it's a lot easier to keep them alive without drying out. Everything that I'm planting, except for a few hostas and grasses, are woody shrubs, so they should be okay.

On a similar note, I have a couple people that want me to cut bushes WAY down for them this fall. Like.. they're 5' high and they want them 2' high so they can re-grow. Majority are Burning Bush. When should I do this? They're still green. Wait til they turn red? Lose thier leaves? I know they've done this before but I dont want to kill them!
Just take a chainsaw and cut them down to 1' I find this works best......

haha 5ft to 2 ft is a huge reduction, and I'm not sure I would be comfortable doing that.... but I'll let a expert jump in and take over the discussion.

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured
Old 10-04-2009, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimowerman View Post
Just take a chainsaw and cut them down to 1' I find this works best......

haha 5ft to 2 ft is a huge reduction, and I'm not sure I would be comfortable doing that.... but I'll let a expert jump in and take over the discussion.
They (my neighbors) did it once when I was about 10.. that was nine years ago.. and the bushes look great.. I wonder if they know that you can keep them trimmed and the same size? Lol

www.LawnProOutdoor.com

Tags
alternative landscaping