Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine has a legit operation with 4 pain patients. TONS of bullsh*t hoops to jump through and lots of paperwork, background checks and while its a good buisiness today, I'll bet real soon it will be legal for anyone, the way the laws are swaying..

So your new business cards will say---Grass mowing and growing, your one stop shop.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Or another one : Grass is our business: You grow it, we'll mow it. We grow it, you blow it" I don't know - just thinking out loud. Maybe? Maybe not?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
A friend of mine has a legit operation with 4 pain patients. TONS of bullsh*t hoops to jump through and lots of paperwork, background checks and while its a good buisiness today, I'll bet real soon it will be legal for anyone, the way the laws are swaying..

So your new business cards will say---Grass mowing and growing, your one stop shop.
LOL!! Yea somthing like that. Or how about ill cut your grass and ill grow you some grass too. I come to find out its alot of bullcrap, but im just trying to help some friends out and maybe make a couple dollars why im at it. I think when cali makes it legal everyone else will follow suit.
I seen a show on cnn or msnb were a guy was doing it for pain patients and he was making a million a year. Thats alot of pot.lol
Old 03-16-2010, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Funny we got on this subject but i have seen alot of new shops pop up this winter.
21 & Gratiot just opened cultavation station. 9 & dequinder has harrys hydros
Then another is stealth hydro i think in ann arbor
theres another one in new baltimore.
I bet these guys are making some coin selling products just to grow plants.
Makes you think about it. Yea right
Old 03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I know 2 caregivers...I also know a lot of people that smoke it, legally and illegally....Where do you draw the line? I think it should be legal all the way around...no bullshit forms and background checks...its just a plant.
However, I think we are going to see many michigan pot farms popping up and eventually it will be legal to sell it to anyone...patient or not.
I think it will be regulated like alcohol and tobacco, seeing as michigan is so broke they will adopt this lawn. It's already michigans #2 or 3 cash crop and its not even legal!!!
There are plenty of other drugs that are legal that do WAAYY more damage than marijuana and doctors prescribe them everyday. JUST LEGALIZE IT ALREADY! my 2 pennies.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Damn picasso you are deffinitly a negative person huh. Always complaining about everything. I look at it not aboutmaking money but helping out a couple of good friends that will probally die soon from cancer. And as for your so called farming operation people have been doing it for years and the price for pot has stayed the same. I just went though a series of background checks and alot of paper work just to get in the door, now i have to wait to see if the board will even accept my form and give me a permit to grow for my friends.
thats not true back in the 80's it was like $25 a quarter and in the 90's it was up around triple that. now i hear it is back down around the $25 mark. damn econemy
Old 03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I MOW ALONE View Post
thats not true back in the 80's it was like $25 a quarter and in the 90's it was up around triple that. now i hear it is back down around the $25 mark. damn econemy

I'm just waiting for the law enforcement / part time LCO's to start commenting..
Old 03-16-2010, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just joined lawnsite, Plowsite is dead.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Damn picasso you are deffinitly a negative person huh. Always complaining about everything. I look at it not aboutmaking money but helping out a couple of good friends that will probally die soon from cancer. And as for your so called farming operation people have been doing it for years and the price for pot has stayed the same. I just went though a series of background checks and alot of paper work just to get in the door, now i have to wait to see if the board will even accept my form and give me a permit to grow for my friends.
I wasn't companing I was stating the facts. Look at it positive, it will be cheap soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2010, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
I wasn't companing I was stating the facts. Look at it positive, it will be cheap soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well i dont smoke it so i dont care what they do with it. You are probally right. Themarket will crash when everybody starts doing it, then you can get a pound for 5 bucks.lol

Tags
alternative landscaping