Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2010, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v6spd View Post
It is amazing and disturbing that the people in favor of this legislation know little if anything about the ramifications of it. If it passes it will be a nightmare. The politicians that support this will get theirs in November.
Not to rehash my long reply to Lawncare, but if you know something we don't 24v6spd, please provide article, section & clause references to the actual bill so we can read & learn ourselves. If its going to be a "nightmare", I really want to know, but no one seems capable of going beyond name calling & shouting and actually having a civil discussion of the published legislation. What is the nightmare? How will this effect my business? But please limit your response to actual quoted references from the legislation so we can independently verify your statements and draw our own conclusions.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBLawn View Post
Not to rehash my long reply to Lawncare, but if you know something we don't 24v6spd, please provide article, section & clause references to the actual bill so we can read & learn ourselves. If its going to be a "nightmare", I really want to know, but no one seems capable of going beyond name calling & shouting and actually having a civil discussion of the published legislation. What is the nightmare? How will this effect my business? But please limit your response to actual quoted references from the legislation so we can independently verify your statements and draw our own conclusions.
BBlawn,
We must have different copies or somthing. I didnt see anything you said in my copy. I got mine from my father in law. The only reason i would even bother looking at it is that he said i need to read this cause its going to effect all small buisnesses. He too has a small company w/5 workers. He maked all the things that would effect us and how our children will be paying for this and how our taxes will go up alot. a sheepeople is a person who dosent really cares what happens as long as it dosent effect there lives. I not going to get in pissing contest with you and i didnt get my info from the news either, wouldnt believe them anyways, cant even get the weather right let alone a important fact.lol We just have different opionions. No harm no foul.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow View Post
Best craigslist ad of the day hands down! NO MOW
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/fgs/1647976837.html
Yeah, but LOOK MOW at the website, looknomow.com and click on something (anything) and its really not lawn service
Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

These kind of guys really bug me..this guy will learn soon enough that this is no UAW job.
Im starting to hate oow auto workers.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/fgs/1648302336.html

HAHAHA and another... guess this one is aimed at me for my Consumer Warning ad..
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/fgs/1647985117.html

another lowlife defending his low prices and his "Classy" craigslist clients. WHoooohooo

Last edited by alternative; 03-18-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh come on Jason...lol.
I am forced to go see Dolores once a week at unidg
(unless you wanna let me drop off at your 'green' farm.)

"We do not dump at landfills like most other companies."

Good ad though.. at least you seem professional amongst all the clowns on there.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=alternative;3473991]These kind of guys really bug me..this guy will learn soon enough that this is no UAW job.

I love it. These guys haven't worked an honest day since they've been in that corrupt -ass union and now they jump into an industry where the quality of your work is what decides your future in it. These clowns will be looking for their "rep" at the first sign of adversity.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone on here do tree work and have woodchips to dump? I want a couple of loads of decent woodchips to spread in my backyard to help with the mud when I drive my truck back there (have a little over an acre).

If you're going to dump them anyways and wouldn't mind helping me out then give me a call when you got a load from a job. I am in Redford 313-647-2080 -Jesse
Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
BBlawn,
We must have different copies or somthing. I didnt see anything you said in my copy. I got mine from my father in law. The only reason i would even bother looking at it is that he said i need to read this cause its going to effect all small buisnesses. He too has a small company w/5 workers. He maked all the things that would effect us and how our children will be paying for this and how our taxes will go up alot. a sheepeople is a person who dosent really cares what happens as long as it dosent effect there lives. I not going to get in pissing contest with you and i didnt get my info from the news either, wouldnt believe them anyways, cant even get the weather right let alone a important fact.lol We just have different opionions. No harm no foul.
I agree - there is no desire to start a war here, probably the wrong forum anyway. I really think you're looking at an old copy of the law -- some of the early drafts that were kicking around the House truly were awful and had all the things you fear in them, but none of these were passed in the end and never really had a chance to get through the Senate in the first place. The bill being debated right now - the Senate bill - really does seem pretty harmless and in the end has come down to a lot of insurance industry regulation. Go ahead & check it out -- and encourage your FIL to check it out too -- I think it will make you feel much better about what is going on.

We got a much bigger & much more real problem looming with the proposed sales tax on services than this health care law will ever have on our businesses -- that is where all this angry energy needs to be directed.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
Oh come on Jason...lol.
I am forced to go see Dolores once a week at unidg
(unless you wanna let me drop off at your 'green' farm.)

"We do not dump at landfills like most other companies."

Good ad though.. at least you seem professional amongst all the clowns on there.
Thanks for the compliment on the ad. I figured - what the hell, it's free, right? Anyway - don't even get me started on Dolores at Unidig. I've got lots to say about that.

We do only dump here at the farm. It's one of the benefits of owning a farm. It gets composted in with the horse manure and cow manure as well as the chicken sh*t and then turned once a week. It makes the blackest top soil you've ever seen. I then use it to fertilize the pastures. Last year our pile was the size of a 40'x60' 2 story pole barn by the time I spread it. I had to use a bulldozer to do it!

You can dump here - but it's about a 40 mile drive.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
These kind of guys really bug me..this guy will learn soon enough that this is no UAW job.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/fgs/1648302336.html

another lowlife defending his low prices and his "Classy" craigslist clients. WHoooohooo

lol...how much you want to bet that 42" mower is a green crapsman.

Tags
alternative landscaping