Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You got to love dolores. She is a trip. I use to dump there all the time and i didnt mind her it was her son i didnt like always gave me **** about my dump being over filled. Thats why i moved to the country and dump on my own property like jason does. I get the darkest compost and sell it to the local farmers in my area.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Looks like colder after this weekend, but it looks like the accumulating snow is going to miss us for the most part. (maybe some flakes in the air- thats about it)

Completely off topic of this whole site, but does anyone here have any experience with buying investment homes in or out of Detroit?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTouch View Post
Completely off topic of this whole site, but does anyone here have any experience with buying investment homes in or out of Detroit?
I do - what can I help ya with?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The guy from chrysler was a white collar job. There are not any UAW jobs at Chrysler Headquarters. And as for an honest days work I would love to see you do my job for a week during the summer and then wake up early to go cut lawns and landscape. Yes there are a few UAW workers that are lazy but they are all the same types of people who we as LCO's try to avoid hiring. You are judging the whole by a few my friend. I am 28 years old with blown out knees from my job for ten years, but I don't go crying to a rep because my job screwed them up because that's why we get paid so much to take that punishment. (which is not as much as everyone is told we make) I just push myself through it and ice them when I sleep. I am not a hack and have never been. I started six years ago with a push mower and homeoowners equipment in the back of my truck and have NEVER charged less than $20 for a lawn. (and I don't do any resis over 5000sqft so it's not like they were big lawns) So just don't group all UAW workers with the few bad eggs. I have seen how many on here say how much the media blows things out of proportion when it affects you... Just don't be nieve and think think they don't blow out of proportion the UAW workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
These kind of guys really bug me..this guy will learn soon enough that this is no UAW job.
Im starting to hate oow auto workers.
[url]

HAHAHA and another... guess this one is aimed at me for my Consumer Warning ad..
[url]

another lowlife defending his low prices and his "Classy" craigslist clients. WHoooohooo
[QUOTE=redskinsfan34;3474053]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
These kind of guys really bug me..this guy will learn soon enough that this is no UAW job.
Im starting to hate oow auto workers.

I love it. These guys haven't worked an honest day since they've been in that corrupt -ass union and now they jump into an industry where the quality of your work is what decides your future in it. These clowns will be looking for their "rep" at the first sign of adversity.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=brookline;3474382]The guy from chrysler was a white collar job. There are not any UAW jobs at Chrysler Headquarters. And as for an honest days work I would love to see you do my job for a week during the summer and then wake up early to go cut lawns and landscape. Yes there are a few UAW workers that are lazy but they are all the same types of people who we as LCO's try to avoid hiring. You are judging the whole by a few my friend. I am 28 years old with blown out knees from my job for ten years, but I don't go crying to a rep because my job screwed them up because that's why we get paid so much to take that punishment. (which is not as much as everyone is told we make) I just push myself through it and ice them when I sleep. I am not a hack and have never been. I started six years ago with a push mower and homeoowners equipment in the back of my truck and have NEVER charged less than $20 for a lawn. (and I don't do any resis over 5000sqft so it's not like they were big lawns) So just don't group all UAW workers with the few bad eggs. I have seen how many on here say how much the media blows things out of proportion when it affects you... Just don't be nieve and think think they don't blow out of proportion the UAW workers.

You blew out your knees at work?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTouch View Post
Looks like colder after this weekend, but it looks like the accumulating snow is going to miss us for the most part. (maybe some flakes in the air- thats about it)

My wife is a realtor.. She deals with investors all the time.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=redskinsfan34;3474392

You blew out your knees at work?[/QUOTE]

As a matter of speaking yes. The cartilage in my knee is messed up to the point where i have to either have surgery and not have the best range of movement with them anymore or just deal with it when it gets inflamed which is usually Wednesday's through Friday's until i get the weekend to rest them. All the jobs i have done in there have involved alot of turning around to grab different parts or air guns ect. on rubber mats which resist you turning. now i work in a spray booth spraying clear coat for the last four years. (which gets ridiculously hot in there during summer a lot of times up to 110 degrees with high humidity) The clear coat overspray sticks to the steel grate floor i walk on and makes it like walking on fly paper for lack of a better example. Again alot of turning with your feet sticking. And yes some lazy people that work there have gone out on medical but i am too proud of a person to do that. I am a hard worker and would go nuts sitting at home not being able to do the physical labor. if i am laid off for a week by mid week i am driving my wife nuts because i cant just sit around.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The best way to do things at Uni-Dig try to go first thing in the morning when Dolores is the only one there! She's usually to sleepy to come out and check your load so you can get away with filling it a little more lol.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I see that lawnsite is a live and well with all the take of taxes, health care, lowballers, and the gas going through the roof anyways looks springs here to stay. Worked on all the equipment last week and got all of that bs out of the way. Mounted one of those fuel transfer tanks on my truck this week 35galls gas and 15galls mixed so no more gas cans other then that guys just rapping up some bids and contracts for spring, and thinking of passing out some flyer's this weekend in hopes of at least a few more lawns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow View Post
The best way to do things at Uni-Dig try to go first thing in the morning when Dolores is the only one there! She's usually to sleepy to come out and check your load so you can get away with filling it a little more lol.
Yea when I have to head down there I'm always there by 7, she's never once come out to check the load. on a side note Meldrums up on 23 mile just east of 94 takes grass $10/yd most of the time that's all I pay even for a over filled pickup box
2010 Enclosed 8.5x20 Trailer
And everything else that goes along with a lawn and landscape operation
Old 03-18-2010, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know of a good place dwonriver that takes clippongs?

Tags
alternative landscaping